ZBrushCentral

Open UV master with a shortcut

Is there any way to open UV Master or any other subsection with a shortcut? I don’t mind if it opens it in the lateral menus or opens a pop window.

I know I can use a shortcut to open a full section (Tool, Brush etc) but not a subsection. Shortcuts assignment and Macros are ignored when trying to do so in subsections as UV Master, FBX import export etc.
Also I know I can drag the individual buttons of a subsection to recreate the submenu but this is possible only partially as some of the buttons wont work correctly and also is time consuming.

Was time consuming for me as well. Results below post. Some of them/it will work in R8, some need work, don’t know when I’ll have it done.

It is not possible to recreate full submenus many times as it won’t work, for example
layers, options button in FBX exporter etc.
It is possible full menus but they are not ideal as you need to open the submenu.

You could do it with a macro like this:

[IButton,???,“Open UV Master”,
[IClick,“Zplugin:UV Master”]
]

The palette would need to be open or in one of the trays. Or you can add IShow for the palette:

[IShow,“Zplugin”]
]

Thanks Marcus

I have chained both macros in one macro and it does what I need even probably I have done a mess of your macro. It opens the Plugin section and then open the UV master subsection, no matter where I’m in the menus. Separately the scripts only do the half of that full action.

[IShow,“Zplugin”]
]

]

There is only a problem. Zbrush remembers that a subsection of a section is open even if that section is closed. This means that if the subsection UV Master was previously open it will open the section Zplugins and then closes the UV Master subsection. It it was previously closed works OK. This problem doesn’t appear with the section Zplugins, that always will open correctly no matter it was open or close before.

Try this version. Make sure you overwrite the previous version.

If the palette is hidden it will show it and open UV Master if necessary. If the palette is in the right or left tray then pressing the hotkey will toggle UV Master open/closed.

[If,[IHeight,“Zplugin”]<50,
[IShow,“Zplugin”]
[If,[IHeight,“Zplugin:UV Master”]<50,
]
]
]

HTH,

Thanks!! It works now :smiley: