New Member Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb Custome ZBrush Window

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, but is there a way to create a custom menu that is independent of the main interface? I've created my own custom menu, and even added a hotkey. What I would like to do is have this menu be in a separate window so, when I press the TAB key, I can have that open and most of the other tools are hidden.

I've seen other plugins created such as the EXOSIDE ZSceneManager, which has its own window. Could somebody point me in the right direction for creating a similar window but made for adding commonly used tools? Maybe a canvas of some sort can be scripted or coded?

Moderator Follow User Gallery

ZSceneManager is actually a separate executable (essentially a separate program) which runs in its own process and so is independent of the ZBrush interface. There's no easy way of doing something similar using zscript.

If all you want to do is have your favourite tools easily available then you can create a custom palette using ZBrush's interface customization options. You can then assign a hotkey to the palette which will mean it will pop up at the cursor, similar to the quick menu.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Cool. Thanks for the response. So I'd basically need to code it like a separate program?