New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hulk 100

This is my 3D version of the cover Hulk 100, made by Todd Mcfarlane.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I don't usually reply. Great work! I love this old cover. LOVE LOVE LOVE...knew it as soon as I saw it. I was blown away that the pose actually looked right in perspective. Great work!

Nick
    Game Gen - CEO
    www.gamegen.com

Hello Nicholas, I'm glad you liked it! Your message, to me, is the highest prize an artist can receive. I think many here were very young to have lived that time, but it was a time of great comics, artists and games .... unforgettable! Cheers, Hugo

I enjoyed this one so much, I actually voted for ya! Hope you win. Oh darn, just went to look at the rules for voting, and it seems the last time they posted the rules was from 2015. But, I imagine those rules have not changed, soo if that is the case, then, with the summit coming up and all, I missed the dead line, sorry. Well, hope it moves for next year then. Either way, love the work (man, you had to figure out how the rear of this image would look, cause you had no guide there... just the front shot). Awesome!!!
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Hello Dragon! I'm really happy because I'm studying hard to improve my skills in zbrush. And now it's time to honor the characters and stories we enjoy. I am honored to have received your vote, no matter if the vote is over. The most important thing has already been done! Cheers, Hugo

I can only think of two words - NAILED IT! Well done. I have always loved McFarlanes work and you did a great job capturing his style in 3D. Do you have plans to do any more of his covers etc? I bet you could do a good version of Detective Comics #578.

Hello, Sharpbrothers! Thank you so much! This work was challenging, because Mcfarlane's drawings are difficult to translate into a 3D model. But I was very happy with the result, and how it hits people in a nostalgic way. Yes, I have plans for more covers! Your suggestion is very good, thank you. We'll see! Cheers, Hug

Fantastic work on this. I know exactly what you mean when you say McFarlane's art is hard to translate, and to a lesser extent, all stylized 2D comic art. That difficulty is not reflected in this piece. Looks amazing from all angles. The sculpt is killer. Thanks for posting!

http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Hi Dopedope, I'm honored, because I admire your work too. Yes, you have better defined the difficulty of translating that type of drawing. Your words encourage me to work even harder in my studies. Thank you! Cheers, Hugo

That's wonderful to read. Thanks man. Your work inspires me as well. I hope to see lots more!