Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Red face How to merge 2 ZBrush tools?

Perhaps a rather stupid question...but I just got a hold of ZBrush and would like to know if I have 2 Zbrush tools created...let's say "head" part and the "body part" of a ceature. How would i join the 2 of them together to be a new Zbrush tool.?

A sample or a graphical advice would be greatly appricaited.

By the way, this is my first attempt at sculpting and texturing in Zbrush. C&C welcome.

Yong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldman.jpg 
Views:	2035 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	1100  

nice work for a first time
    as far as I know, you can't merge tools to create a larger tool, but you can merge then into a composition. See the practical guide in the warrior model, there are several parts and a head which are being connected.

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Draw and position your first object. It usually helps to hold down the Shift key while drawing so that you can ensure a rotation that's squared with the canvas.

Press M to place a marker.

Now draw and position the second one. Again, press M to place a marker.

Clear the canvas and select the MultiMarker tool from the Tool palette.

Drag on the canvas without actually clicking on your markers. The objects will be drawn as a group.

In the Tool>Modifiers you'll see a button to Make Polymesh. This will create a brand new tool in your palette that is the combination of the originals.

Note that this does not weld points. It simply creates an intersecting mesh.

Hope that this helps!

Does this also merge the displacement/normal maps for export?? Or are seperate maps still required?

thanks,
    James

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

aurick, Thank you very much for you guidnace. I'll try that tonight

thanks, kobi1kobi, for your comment. It's pretty hard to get used to the ZB interface..but I'm learning (^_^)

Yong