ZBrushCentral

Juke 2020 Zbrush & Clip studio paint

Hi, So after more than 4 years now i can post a design i did for Nissan Design America, a sponsored project i had the opportunity to be in while i was still on school, this was the first time i used zbrush for concept transportation on a specific project , it was the time without zmodeller, it all started with blueprints, a sphere and then the main features with move, clay polish, pinch, trim dynamic and hpolish brushes. i decided to create new images with the same base mesh i did on that time. i used for post production clip studio paint.
Thanks for watching.:smiley:

Attachments

jukeprocess.jpg

lat1.jpg

3/4 front view.:cool:

Wow that’s great to see such shapes done with ZBrush! Did you do other similar projects with ZBrush?

Hi, Totyo , thanks for your kind words! by the way love your characters, great designs and anatomy.
Yes I have done several vehicles inside zbrush then usually I use ps or clip studio paint to post, on this specific case, was done more than 4 years ago with the regular tools, now with the addition of booleans and zmodeller, its a game changing, now its easier to keep proportions.
Zbrush its a great automotive concept tool.
Cheers!!

Thanks to the Pixologic team for posting my work once again on Facebook!

You are welcome, we have been happy to see your work, then we hope other people as well! :wink:

Very cool!

Hi
I like these renderings. I would like to introduce a quick sculpting workflow in our studio. Can I ask, Do you refine your sculpts beyond the one shown before rendering? Or do you use studio paint/photoshop to refine?

Thanks for your kind words Zayacoon!

Thanks Mantinci!
Yes I have refined the sculpts of transportation even more, this particular sculpt was created more than 4 years ago when I was still on the bachelor, the process
it all started with a sphere, then the move brush to achieve the overall proportions, I think it was the begging of dynamesh, the brushes used were move, hpolish, trim dynamic, pintch
and of course masking and clay polish, we as transportation designers use several 3d models to visualice the cars in several views and then to add more realism and fix some parts
we add photoshop or any other softwares to the post production, cause the point in these cases is to create quick and several concepts for presentation not to create final detailed
3d models which take too long and much more in cad softwares.
This particular style of concepting vehicles is the which I enjoy the most, because is a real sculpting / 3d sketching, which allow us to explore several surface treatments and form,
then add photoshop or clip studio to fix the mesh.of course has It downside, the lack of control of many surface interactions but now with zmodeller and booleans is even easier,
I’ve been very amazed for the response of many people interested in my process, so all of this has inspired me to create my first video tutorial which will come soon, also I had
the opportunity this year to teach personally a couple designers my process which I have enjoyed very much.
Hope you find useful my answer.
Cheers!!

Hi thanks for your in depth reply.
I am a digital modeller myself using Icemsurf and Alias. I actually worked at Nissan Design Europe in London from 2003 to 2013.
As far as I know it seems that studios are increasiingly looking for ways to create very fast models for the initial ‘sketch’ phase to support the 2D concepts. I think Zbrush could be a great tool for design studios as design could be rough out by sculpting and then refined with zmodeling instead of the traditional box modelling approach. I look forward to more from you.
Regards Martin Clabburn

Very interesting!
Yes zbrush is a great tool specially for going from the speed form to the basic concept, sculpting on top of base meshes with the overall proportions its what I find more useful,
hope to see your work as a modeler !
Cheers!