ZBrushCentral

How to View TGA files in windows Explorer! as thumbnails!!!!

Hi all!!!

I found a COOL way to tweak windows explorer, to allow TGA files to be viewed as thumbnails (when you choose thumbnail view).
Currently only a few file formats are supported natively By Windows explorer (BMP.GIF.JPG.PNG.TIFF I thin is all)

It is a 1 time install and it is 100% FREE!
http://greggman.com/pages/thumbplug_tga.htm

Anyone got a simular plugin for .PSP photoshop files?

I own PAintshop PRO, Zbrush witch both use the photoshop format…
Would be nice to be able to see thumbnails of the files…

anyways TIA if anyone knows a way to do this…

Have fun viewing your TGA files in explorer!!!
:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Polaris… you are a very active member here and your posts are every time effective.
Nice tip’s thx a lot my friend :wink:

Thankyou Fouad B :slight_smile:

I love tweaking windows, and linux :smiley: great hobbie …

Have a good day :smiley:

After buying my first PC a little before Z2 came out, I was quite shocked to find that Windows doesn’t display thumbnails, or icons, for all images. I spent at least an hour trying to get my old .psd files from my Mac to display, which of course I was unsuccessful. I can’t see how Windows is used so much for graphics, and it lacks these basic functions, which IMO are very, very important for organizing/previewing files.

Thanks for sharing this Polaris, I appreciate it. Now if you can just get Windows to make thumbnails/previews of .psd files, I’d be all set. :smiley:

this is what started me on my Linux Mania…

I downloaded KNOPPIX live CD and in 5 minuets I was booted into a full blown Debian SID distrabution… complete with open office ECT…

It even has SAMBA so you can brows windows partitions…

When I was cruizeing thru my galleries I was totaly SHOCKED!!!

The texture files where Iconized so I could read the first few words.
The HTML files had thumbnail previews… AS NORMAL ICONS!!! not need to switch into thumbnail view…

Then I went into my gallery…

Photoshop, TGA, Paintshop pro, PNG, BMP … EVERY Image file I owned had its own little custom thumbnail Icon…
it only took 1 3 seconds to access the gallery, and it was totaly Iconized…

KDE totaly blows windows XP away …

It is very functional, Very cusomizeable… Everything can be skinned, tweaked, deleted, duplicated… .
It is the best Desktop windows manager in my opinion…
Even when I tried GNOPPIX I was impressed

GNOPPIX is a Hybrid of Knoppix, insted of KDE windows manager, your get GNOME… it is also very luxurious!! lots of realy cool stuff you can set up.
Toolbars for every purpous…
They have something called a Shelf Icon also… so you only need to dedicate a small little icon… the icon expands (click, mouseover or hotkey can be customized to open it) into a directory of Icons (a shelf)…

There are thousands of little tweaks and things in both gimp and in KDE…

I am going to do a post on a cool product today that will bridge the gap between linux and windows :D!!!

Here:
https://code.google.com/p/sagethumbs/
244+4 file extensions. Lot of options. Freeware.

Theres a plugin for 24 & 32 bit TGA’s here http://www.gamesprogrammer.com/products/xTGAThumbnails1.zip