Member Follow User Gallery

Default The Mask WIP

The wooden mask from the Jim Carrey movie made using Zbrush and Maya, it's still in wip stage till tomorrow since i plan on 3d printing it, comments and critiques are very welcomed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wDUJm0E-TQ

Preparing the model for 3d printing, each piece will be printed separately for faster print time.

22 hours later ... Split Personality anyone?

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

It looks great! Will you do some post process on it like sanding, using some putty to fill the gaps between parts, painting and such?
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

I will definitely be finishing it, already have something similar to spot putty, will have to order some XTC3D to fill the layer lines and overall imperfections and need to find a 2in1 grey filler primer near my area( probably at automotive shops).
    For the paint there are 2 version of the mask, the movie ( uses different green colors and a metallic color for the center piece) and the animated version ( just a brown wood like color). If you have any suggestions for finishing please let me know as i am relatively new to this and only finished one 3d printed model before.

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

If I'm not wrong, Joseph Drust is using some Wood filler/putty as it will fill easily the layers gap and it's easy to sand. For the XTC3D, I saw a lot of positive and negative feedback about it, it never gave the will to try it.

I'll start very soon large prints, then I'll have to do some experiments as well, but the first thing to do is to apply some primer as it will show you all the imperfections and will help you know where you need to fix things.
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Right, will do that thanks for the advice, i'm using this tutorial for finishing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFoQzc08xA4
    The annoying thing about PLA is that it doesn't sand that good, tried wet sanding and it works better but on this particular mask one piece has a deeper layer line( i think the filament caught on the spool) and that will be tricky to fix.

All the parts have been glued except for the center piece, will be keeping that separate for painting purposes, the brighter areas are from wet sanding and that's the reason i chose a colored filament to give visual difference where i sanded.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

looks like the same as the movie!
    So cool!

Right, glad you like it , i tried my best to get it looking like the movie, i even tried after eyeballing the shapes to match it to the reference images but since photos have perspective on them, and there isn't information on what camera was used it's never going to be 100% accurate.

And just because i like to finish my 3d models i decided to create a game rez version and texture it, only baked normal and ao in painter for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast