ZBrushCentral

Claudiu Tanasie Sketchbook

WIP_Oldlady_06

Hello everyone,

I decided to start a sketchbook thread, where I’ll post both professional and personal stuff.

I’m in the process of doing some nice renders with characters I did in the last couple of years. This is the first batch:

Most of the characters were done for the game Lawbreakers by Bosskey Productions. This was a highly collaborative project, I don’t think there’s even one character that wasn’t done/changed/adjusted by at least 2 artists. I’ll try to pinpoint what I did on each of these assets and if anyone sees something that he/she did, please send me a private message so I can credit you.
This was my first project that I had to come up with my own concept for most of the characters. Usually, as a 3d character artist , you get a concept and you have to translate it in 3d to the best of your capabilities. On Lawbreakers, we were in charge of our assets, from the initial idea till the final textures, an experience both challenging and rewarding.

Laubreakers - Cronos Tier 4

Body - Highpoly ,lowpoly geometry and beked textures were provided by Bosskey Productions: Texture variations done by me.
Armor - Concept, Highpoly, Lowpoly and Textures done by me.

Cronos_T4_V01_Closeup_01.jpg
Cronos_High_Front_02.jpg
Cronos_High_Back_02.jpg
Cronos_T4_V01_Turntable.jpg

Attachments

Cronos_T4_V01_Closeup_01.jpg

Cronos_High_Front_02.jpg

Cronos_High_Back_02.jpg

Cronos_T4_V01_Turntable.jpg

Cronos - Alternate Skins

Attachments

This character was even more challenging because all the armor pieces had to work with an intricate animation done for the base character of this class.

Body - Provided by Bosskey Productions. Texture variations done by me.
Head and Armor - Concept, Highpoly, Lowpoly and Textures done by me.
Nash_T4_Closeup_01.jpg
Nash_T4_Closeup_02.jpg
Nash_T4_Closeup_04.jpg

Attachments

Nash_T4_Closeup_01.jpg

Nash_T4_Closeup_02.jpg

Nash_T4_Closeup_04.jpg

Nash Armor Highpoly:
Nash_T4_High_Front_01.jpg
Nash_T4_High_Back_01.jpg

Attachments

Nash_T4_High_Front_01.jpg

Nash_T4_High_Back_01.jpg

Nash_T4_V01_Turntable.jpg
Nash_T4_V02_Turntable.jpg
Nash_T4_V03_Turntable.jpg
Nash_T4_V04_Turntable.jpg

Attachments

Nash_T4_V01_Turntable.jpg

Nash_T4_V02_Turntable.jpg

Nash_T4_V03_Turntable.jpg

Nash_T4_V04_Turntable.jpg

The highpoly for this character was started by another artist, I had to make changes to proportions, change/redo some elements and do a polish pass overall. Textures were done by me.

Faust_T5_Closeup_01.jpg
Faust_T5_Turntable.jpg
Faust_T5_ActionShot_01.jpg

Attachments

Faust_T5_Closeup_01.jpg

Faust_T5_Turntable.jpg

Faust_T5_ActionShot_01.jpg

Faust_T5_Highpoly_Front_01.jpg
Faust_T5_Highpoly_Back_01.jpg

Attachments

Faust_T5_Highpoly_Front_01.jpg

Faust_T5_Highpoly_Back_01.jpg

so great

@artist.ae609

thank you.

Another character from Lawbreakers:Wraith. Sad to see Bosskey go,this was one of the coolest projects to work on.

Wraith_T5_Front_01.jpg
Wraith_T5_Back_01.jpg

excellent work! I was saddened to hear the news of the studio closure. I have a lot of respect for you guys and wish you all the best in your future endevours.

@EvilSmiley:
Thank you for the kind words and wishes.

Around the Randomverse:

Name: Struky
Noteworthy achievement: participating in the “The Ugliest Furry Contest 2018”. Valiant effort, placing second only to Potrotzky( more on him in another post).

Done as a speed exercise, during one hangout session. Took me around 4 hours to complete ( not everything is from scratch, used a basemesh and for the teeth I used a premade model as a starting point ).

Cheers

Claudiu_Tanasie---Struky-Render_01_Medium.jpg
Claudiu_Tanasie---Struky-Render_02_Medium.jpg

Attachments

Claudiu_Tanasie---Struky-Render_01_Medium.jpg

Claudiu_Tanasie---Struky-Render_02_Medium.jpg

Some new stuff, done for practice:

[COLOR=#1D2129]Alfredino Margarini. He likes pizza and uzis.

This is a piece I did a few months ago for a friendly challenge with Jaco Herbst. We used as inspiration an inktober sketch done by Andrew Mar.

Another character done for practice.

Keyshot_Closeup_01.jpg
Keyshot_Front_01.jpg
Keyshot_Side_01.jpg

cool job

@cgjin:
thank you

Wraith, another character skin from the game Lawbreakers, done by the now defunct Bosskey. This one was special for me because it’s probably the only character from that project that I did by myself, starting from the concept till the finished texture.

Love it. Is that rendered in UE or something else? I really like the glass shader on the helmet, really turned out nice.