wow, that is really impressive.

Please send me the book on how you did it :wink:

Man,
you are on the way to do a great work…:+1:
i’m waiting
Could you share some steps?
Bye
Leo

congrats:+1: :+1: :+1: nice work indeed!
is it true 3d or 2,5d (the tree)?
if its 3d plz gimme an update how you did it!!! and how did u do the things hanging from the branches and what material do u use for the tree??
ive made a tree myself for landscape practise, its in this thread:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=173870#post173870

but i dropped it too fast so the stem can be better because i forgot to divide the tool…hee i am a beginner:sunglasses:

btw how long do you own z-brush??? i am a newb and still learning so id like to know how long it took for you to get these results,how many time (hours/days/weeks do you spend on a model of this quality:+1: :+1: why do many guys make base meshes in other progs? what’s the advantage and did u imported the models?

I’m not going into the woods anymore without a chainsaw. Period.

Lovely.

:lol:

What can I say? Nothing but excellent :+1: :+1: :+1:

Sweet!!! Awesome work!

Thank you very much for the comments guys.I can’t believe that my picture is in the top gallery.:smiley:
Ofcourse i’ll share my steps with the community.There aren’t any complicated tricks that I have used for this image. Everything is result of my sick imagination+modeling+modeling+modeling+a bit of quadShader playing.

1. First I created the dude. He is zSphere+adaptive skining. Nothing complicated. Just modeling.

2.Second I created the tree. It was a nightmare because of the large number of branches.Again zSpheres+adaptive skining.

3.Then I Converted the tree and the dude to pixols and used sphereBrush, depthBrush and paintBrush to add the details.

1. The rest is created in xsi and then imported to zbrush for detailization.

2. For shader I used my variation of quadShader which I created for this dude’s skin some time ago.

1. The lighting is nothing special. Just 1 light.

7.This is just 1/3 part of the whole image. I have to do a lot of work to get it done.

Thank you very much again.

p.s. mindsculptor - The thinks hanging from the branches I did in xsi. I bougth my copy of zBrush 1.55 January this year. Honestly I am not so proficient with it. I’ve got a lot to learn.
I don’t know how many hours/days i spent on it. The biggest time eater were the branches of the tree. The modeling didn’t take too long. With Zbrush the main thing when modeling is the clear idea what are you going to model. Clear idea in your head + zbrush(the fastest modeler) = the quickest modeling you can imagine.:smiley:
I really like your tree. For newbe is just excellent.Keep it up.tutZbrush.jpgtutZbrush1.jpg

Looks like a higly detailed delicate miniature made from a sort of ivory by a
master craftsman :+1:

jantim

thanx a lot for the tutorial !!! and for your comments on my work on the tree:D
really gave me some insight on how you did it…btw i have a fast way for making branches if you go 2,5 d.
you only make the stem with zspheres then drop the model and u can use the nakehookbrush at 100/100 intensity to creare branches. but ofcourse its not 3d anymore…anyway awesome work and thx again for the info…you make it look so simple )
btw i find texturing/colouring/setting lights the most difficult and annoying part of making this kinda art, are you gonna post the work if it is finished

thanks jantim. mindsculptor- i will post it. Thanks

hey vlad…good to see you do some updates to this…
glad you managed to find some time to keep plugging away at it…
i’m loving that tree style you have btw…
anyways laters.
:+1:

Could you please post yor shader and lights???

TIO_MATT

Thanks flingster. I don’t have much time for updates. I’ll post it when it is finished.
TIO_MATT no problem(these are not the final materials and light. they are just a test stuff)mySkinShader4.zip (6.89 KB)myLight1.zip (4.86 KB)