Default Darth Vader

Hello everyone. I don't really know a lot about star wars universe but I really liked this contest and the whole idea of it. I would appreciate any advice. The first one I remembered when I heard star wars was Darth Vader, and I thought it would look really cool if that would be a huge darth vader head wheelchair. But I don't know is that too cliche, or is it even ok to have such bad character designed I had couple ideas and that what I've come with.

Looking forward to see this develop.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I dont feel the design as a cliche I think it works perfect.
    Kids also love the bad guys besides at the end he turns into a good guy
    Oscar Trejo
    "Petty Dabbler in the 3D Arts "
    FREE UNICORN BLOOD HERE

Default Blockout

Hello everyone. I have created the basics of the helmet and started to add details. I was thinking about creating the upper part of the helmet to be closed transparent with exterior tinting. This would make an effect of real moving darth vader helmet. To make this possible I have decided to create hinged roof. However it's still a blockout. I thought it would look cool if to add some laser weapon too and if to create some fog machine when the roof open.

Love the fog machine idea! You could even get a little cooler of dry ice in there. SUper cool!!
    maddie

sooooo cool looking

Administrator Follow User Gallery

This would be great to see rolling around at Comic Con.

Too cliche is sometimes spot on, if you ask me

Administrator Follow User Gallery

Any new images to share? Would love to see where he's at. Keep it going, you're in the home stretch.

Default Big development

I wasn't posting anything for a long time. And I know that it's already breaking point and someone has already done their work. For that reason I have set and started to think how to improve my work fast but not mess it up. I've decided to stay with the simpliest form of darth vader head and helmet. Simple as possible, because this character is quite known even without super duper not necessary details.
    There is still one big thing to attach head to the helmet to make it one object.
    Next I was thinking about appealing and comfortability. As seen above I've created two vent holes from the front ans two vents beside. Maybe there's a possibility to insert air conditioner. Now to the most interesting... I'm still for the fog machine. I haven't showed where to install yet but I suppose it will be in the front and get through the mouth hole when the helmet opens. I have created just a simple refference for dynamics. Because the whole model will be a toned glass this dynamics are installed in the eye section and they are gonna be looking like real eyes. Another feature I was thinking about how everything is gonna work, how to control this machine. I have created a reference of the contoroller for the kid. Everything will be like an app in the tablet. A child gonna have a possibility say phrases and with the help of app and dynamics the sound which will come out would sound like hoarse Darth Vader voice.It can be a possibility to saysome well-known phrases from the film.When the kid would like to get out of the dark side there could be another possibility in the app to open the helmet and to command fog machine to start umm fogging. And one more thing. I'm gonna to add some details to the helmet to make it possible to open it manually just in case.

I know there are a lot of text. Sorry and thanks if you read everythig till the end.

Default Final entry

Thanks for creating such contest and possibility to participate in it, because it's really cool and that is not just the best design contest but it means a lot to the kids and everyone who love them. There are so great various desgins I saw here, even though there are not a lot of people who participated. No matter what costume will be a winner I'm sure a kiddo who is gonna to wear it gonna be really happy.

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

It's certainly an iconic figure. Good job.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Cool idea to have the top of the helmet to be transparent
    Oscar Trejo
    "Petty Dabbler in the 3D Arts "
    FREE UNICORN BLOOD HERE