ZBrushCentral

Zbrush in a real CNC production

Hi all!

Haven’t posted here for a long time. But I think now it is a time to share a few new works. I have finished a big work it is close to finishing not only in 3D but in a real world too. Here is a small teaser.

The Zbrush:

pic1.jpg

The real plaster just out of a CNC no human hand touch yet

IMG_0225-Edit.jpg

Attachments

pic1.jpg

IMG_0225-Edit.jpg

Great work, the attention on the scrolls and leafs is very cool

Great work, the attention on the scrolls and leafs is very cool

Thank you nacho!

And a bit of photos from the same project. Sorry for the mess, presentations aren’t my strength.

Real Poto:

Zbrush:

Real photo:

Zbrush:

Attachments

1 Like

This is great! Lovely work!

Can I ask, you say no human hand has touched it after the first image, are you just going to use a dremel or hand tools (such as files) to do the final cleanup pass on the plaster work?
How much time is spent on this? Also, what kind of CNC are you using? I’m very curious about this stuff!
Once again, great job!

S

are you just going to use a dremel or hand tools (such as files) to do the final cleanup pass on the plaster work?
How much time is spent on this? Also, what kind of CNC are you using?

I use simple Chinese CNC machine. Nothing special, nor 4 nor 5 axes. Average model with full machine load 650x850 mm will take from 20 to 30 hours to do. The time depends on the Z axis, for example, a simple geometrical grid could take more time then a sculpt.

As for the further destiny of the models. Yes, we polish them and combine them into a bigger one before making a final mould.

The full composition. I don’t have pictures of the most of the part of it after CNC for sorry but will try to show them in a real interior next week.

ZBrush Document2_0.jpg

zm.70.jpgzm.71.jpgzm.73.jpgzm.74.jpgzm.75.jpgzm.77.jpg

sm arc.92.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush Document2_0.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for answering. When you say cheap Chinese printer, do you mean for under 10k? (Sorry, cheeky question, but I’m dying to know!)

do you mean for under 10k?

Yes, around 7k in Rusia. By the way, it isn’t a printer it is a CNC Machine. :slight_smile:

Sorry, my bad, I actually meant to say CNC! :wink:

Very great work.