Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default A Way Out - Character Art Dump

A WAY OUT - Character Art Dump

Hey ZBrushCentral!

I would like to show you some of the work I did for the indie game A Way Out. I started out as an intern just when production of the game got started and by the end of it I had become the Lead Character Artist at Hazelight. During the years of production I learned a lot and as always ZBrush was my main tool when it came to creating the characters for A Way Out. Big thanks to everyone at Hazelight! Credit goes to the whole studio. The entire team worked really hard to make this game happen.

Leo & Vincent

Throughout production of A Way Out I was tasked with creating many of the main characters. It was an honor to be a part of this project and to be entrusted with creating Leo and Vincent as they are some of the most important characters in the game. My role as a character artist mainly focused on sculpting, modeling and texturing their heads, bodies, arms/hands and hairstyles (plus some wrinkle maps etc). During the project I always kept an eye on their overall look based on the directions from our Creative Director, Josef Fares, and Art Director, Claes Engdal. Many of Leo and Vincent’s different outfits were created by the other talented character artists at Hazelight; including Moa Alfredsson, Hvile Öhrnell and Carl-Emil Andreasson. Shaders were done by Jon Micheelsen.

Dragomir

My role mainly focused on sculpting, modeling and texturing the head, arms and beard. Dragomir's clothes were sculpted by Carl-Emil Andreasson. I created the final in-game mesh/textures of the body with some additional tweaks in the end.

Sean & Jasmine

On Sean my role focused on the entire character. On Jasmine my role mainly focused on sculpting, modeling and texturing the head and hair. Jasmine’s clothes were created by Carl-Emil Andreasson and textured by Moa Alfredsson.

Linda

I worked on the head and hair for Linda. Linda’s different outfits were created by Moa Alfredsson, Hvile Öhrnell and Carl-Emil Andreasson.

Harvey

I was tasked with creating the head and hair for the main villain, Harvey. All of the great looking outfits that can be seen on Harvey throughout the game were created by Moa Alfredsson.

James

I worked on the head and hair model for James. Carl-Emil Andreasson and Moa Alfredsson created the different outfits for him.

The Hitman

On the hitman model my role mainly focused on sculpting, modeling and texturing the head and hair. The hitman's clothes were sculpted and modeled by Carl-Emil Andreasson. I created the final in-game textures of the body with some additional tweaks in the end.
    Unfortunately the mustache did not make it into the final game (but I did some renders with it anyway ^^.)

Ray

Head and hair models for Ray created by me. Clothes were done by Carl-Emil Andreasson.

MISC

Below is a selection of various NPC work I did for A Way Out.