Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Humanoid!

Hi there,

I thought I'd post my first human character modeled with Z-Brush. I started with a very rough humanoid shape in MAX and imported it in to Z-Brush.

Then I did some sculpting in Z-Brush..starting with one subdivision and worked my way up to higher resolution. I get better results when I do as much editing as possible with lower rez meshes, adding more resolution only when needed for another detail pass. This avoids the 'lumpy brush' effect.

I was experimenting with painting materials and threw down some quick metallic materials and rendered in Z-Brush, with auto contrast done in Photoshop.

Humanoid-1.jpg
    Humanoid-2.jpgHumanoid-3.jpg

Here is the simple humanoid shape I started with:

Humanoid-start.jpg

Next step will be to add some clothing and props to make it more interesting, but right now it's fun trying different things with Z-Brush.

Couple questions!

1. Is it possible to sculpt with symmetry with hidden geometry being updated?
    2. Is there a way to sample or 'pick up' color from the document while painting?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dan-Burke; 10-03-04 at 07:15 PM.

nice job of modelling.

2. Have you tried the colorpicker in zbrush? Try out marcus's color palette script or the one cameyo and marcus worked on together...both are located in the scripting forum. Marcus color palette lets you pic and save colors then you can save that palette for later use....he made it a plugin too so place a handy button on the interface and access it at anytime....love that little script myself it has saved me lot's of time and aggravation.

1. I believe you have to have both sides visible for symmetry to work on both. I have tried now and again to edit on one side and try using smart resym or resym to see if it would copy the one side to the other....sometimes it works for me...sometimes not.....don't know if it's supposed to work at all hahaha but I probably need to mess with xyz settings more for testing it out.

have fun zbrushing.

Quote Originally Posted by aminuts
    nice job of modelling.
    Thanks!

2. Have you tried the colorpicker in zbrush? Try out marcus's color palette script or the one cameyo and marcus worked on together...both are located in the scripting forum. Marcus color palette lets you pic and save colors then you can save that palette for later use....he made it a plugin too so place a handy button on the interface and access it at anytime....love that little script myself it has saved me lot's of time and aggravation.
    Haven't seen the color picker...I guess I better find it! Thanks for the info about the script.

1. I believe you have to have both sides visible for symmetry to work on both. I have tried now and again to edit on one side and try using smart resym or resym to see if it would copy the one side to the other....sometimes it works for me...sometimes not.....don't know if it's supposed to work at all hahaha but I probably need to mess with xyz settings more for testing it out.

have fun zbrushing.
    Good to know...I think this would be a nice improvement for Pixologic...symmetry with objects hidden...so you can work on one arm in the viewport while the hidden one still gets updated.

Thanks again!

clic on your "main color" selector and drag your mouse on the document.. and if you combinate with "Alt" key you will pick the shaded color (or "what you see color").

hi dan,

if you look at the top menu bar....I believe it (colorpicker menu) is there. its a drop down of course and can't remember if the colorpicker is on by default or if you have to turn it on.....if you have to turn it on....that is where you would turn it on....then do what our friend in the below message says in his message and voila you have a working color picker!

Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips!

Wink Tricky tips

Just press "C" and you have a smart color picker when you move your mouse or pen graphic
    Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Default THanks!

Thanks Frenchy..that was the command I was looking for!

Default Wow, this is ancient history.

I would like to formally apologize for my early, primitive attempts with ZB.

Here's something a little more recent.