Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default The Ring

The engagement ring, the most difficult project in my life. I wanted to have a perfect engagement ring and as I'm 3D artist I decided to make on myself. I spend a lot of time doing research about designing and manufacturing jewellery. Initial design was started just like a photo bash. I needed to explore ideas as quick as possible. Then came ZBrush part, I converted few designs into 3D and kept improving them, later on I decided which one was the best. The final design features details from our relationship (ornaments from Barcelona's cafe, part of a poster from Alfons Mucha, flowers from the box which I bought for the ring, etc.). Ready for production model was sent to a jewellery company who printed it in high resolution wax and cast it in gold.

As I said before the rings creation was a real challenge for me, especially as my, at that time, girlfriend mustn't have an idea that something was going on. However I was successful and we are happily married now.

Everything done in ZBrush, render in Keyshot and post processed in Affinity Photo.

Follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and TWITTER

Visit my Artstation and Personal website

Congratulations!
    And congratulations!

Very well done!
    I made just rings stuff for regular birthdays, so far and luckily we have already married, long before 3D printing was like it is today
    So I partly feel the responsibility.

Anyway, seems like she is happy

Magnific!
    I also made rings recently, more exactly 2, the wedding rings for me and my wife.
    It's so nice to see more projects like this on zbrush central