New Member Follow User Gallery

Post Artistic Robot model created using Zmodeler

Hi everyone! This is a personal project using ZBrush to create illustrative stylised artwork.

The workflow for this project:

- Zmodeler was used to model all of the items.
    - Polypaint was used for texturing/painting.
    - The Timeline was used to save the separate camera angles within the ZBrush scene.
    - ZBrush BPR was used to render everything shown and then Photoshop for post-production with the exported passes.

The concept:

The idea for this project was to design a mechanical robot arm often associated with technology, automation and a feeling of cold instruction. This robot arm was then shown to be painting something very beautiful and natural in the form of a butterfly, giving a sense of humanity to the machine.

The Style:

Over many years I have been inspired by stylised 3D visuals and in particular by the fantastic artist Mike Thompson approaching illustration alongside a 3D workflow. This project was created to explore similiar approaches within ZBrush.

Shown below are the renders, breakdown shots and isolated polygroups for the different subtools.

Thanks!

Edd
    www.brightsplashes.com

-

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The painterly result of this piece is just gorgeous. It's reminiscent of old airbrushed magazine and book covers and it really brings back memories for me.

Well done!

Cheers,
    Paul
    (mix_mash)
    My Renderosity Store - 3d props and 2d stuff
    My OLD Youtube Tutes - for Zbrush and other cg progs

Thanks for checking out the artwork and kind comments Paul, much appreciated!

I have a few more personal projects lined up to output in this style. Really looking forward to developing more illustrative content using ZBrush.

Thanks again!
    - Edd

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thats just such a cool idea and concept, love the execution of style and modeling combining old and new. Fantastic use of zmodeler aswell! Beautiful work mate

Thanks so much KC-Production! It was a cool project to work on and really loving the Zmodeler tool for creating content in ZBrush, I would be lost without it! Cheers!