ZBrushCentral

Artistic Robot model created using Zmodeler

Hi everyone! This is a personal project using ZBrush to create illustrative stylised artwork.

The workflow for this project:

• Zmodeler was used to model all of the items.
  • Polypaint was used for texturing/painting.
  • The Timeline was used to save the separate camera angles within the ZBrush scene.
  • ZBrush BPR was used to render everything shown and then Photoshop for post-production with the exported passes.

The concept:

The idea for this project was to design a mechanical robot arm often associated with technology, automation and a feeling of cold instruction. This robot arm was then shown to be painting something very beautiful and natural in the form of a butterfly, giving a sense of humanity to the machine.

The Style:

Over many years I have been inspired by stylised 3D visuals and in particular by the fantastic artist Mike Thompson approaching illustration alongside a 3D workflow. This project was created to explore similiar approaches within ZBrush.

Shown below are the renders, breakdown shots and isolated polygroups for the different subtools.

Thanks!

Edd
www.brightsplashes.com

• ZBrush_C_001.jpgZBrush_C_002.jpgZBrush_C_004.jpgZBrush_C_007.jpgZBrush_C_008.jpgZBrush_C_012.jpgZBrush_C_011.jpgZBrush_C_010.jpgZBrush_C_006.jpgZBrush_C_005.jpgZBrush_C_003.jpgZBrush_C_009.jpgZBrush_C_013.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush_C_001.jpg

ZBrush_C_002.jpg

ZBrush_C_004.jpg

ZBrush_C_007.jpg

ZBrush_C_008.jpg

ZBrush_C_012.jpg

ZBrush_C_011.jpg

ZBrush_C_010.jpg

ZBrush_C_006.jpg

ZBrush_C_005.jpg

ZBrush_C_003.jpg

ZBrush_C_009.jpg

ZBrush_C_013.jpg

The painterly result of this piece is just gorgeous. It’s reminiscent of old airbrushed magazine and book covers and it really brings back memories for me.

Well done! :+1:

Cheers,
Paul
(mix_mash)

Thanks for checking out the artwork and kind comments Paul, much appreciated!

I have a few more personal projects lined up to output in this style. Really looking forward to developing more illustrative content using ZBrush.

Thanks again!

• Edd

Thats just such a cool idea and concept, love the execution of style and modeling combining old and new. Fantastic use of zmodeler aswell! Beautiful work mate :):+1:

Thanks so much KC-Production! It was a cool project to work on and really loving the Zmodeler tool for creating content in ZBrush, I would be lost without it! Cheers! :slight_smile: