ZBrushCentral

Deleting Mesh in Zbrush Core??

Hi,
I am learning Zbrush Core and trying to delete a section of my mesh. Online tutorials are suggesting to use the DEL HIDDEN button, but this doesn’t seem to be on my interface. Can anyone help out? How do you delete mesh in Core?

Your model must be a polymesh, rather than one of the primitives (Cylinder3D etc.) The easy way to test this is to try sculpting. You’ll get a warning message if it’s not a polymesh.

The Del Hidden button will then be in the Tool>Geometry sub-palette, in the Modify Topology section.

It’s no longer primitive as I have modelled a skull, from z spheres up to a stage where the form is all blocked out and nearly ready for refining and more detail. I have included an image of my tool palette and the option for DEL HIDDEN doesn’t seem to be there… Am I missing something?Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 13.22.32.png

OK, you are using a preview of the adaptive skin. In order to continue you need to press Tool>Adaptive Skin>Make Adaptive Skin. This will create a new model (or “tool”) in the Tool palette, called Skin_ZSphere or something like that. It’s a polymesh version of your ZSphere sculpt. Select this tool and you will then be able to use Del Hidden.

HTH,