ZBrushCentral

Monster under the bed

Hi folks, here is my last artwork called “Monster under the bed”. This is a very personal picture for me in many ways. Since the birth of my daughter Alenka my life has changed. I know it’s a somewhat corny thing to say but I could never imagine the amounts of love that suddenly flooded my life. I made this picture for her, even though she is too small to understand. I tried to recreate the room exactly as her baby room and fill it with her favorite toys. There are a few little “easter eggs” too, like the drawing from The Little Prince, a robot toy with “RUR” written on it (the awesome company I work at), a poster of Totoro (her favorite movie), and the Never ending Story book (which I love and read to her). The artwork is inspired by the awesome work of Goro Fujita and I would also like to thank my friend Filip Zetek for helping me with the final stage of postproduction.
You can find more behind the scenes pictures on my Instagram.

rgb_Monster_CGI_small.jpg
rgb_Monster_CGI_Shade_small.jpg

Attachments

rgb_Monster_CGI_small.jpg

rgb_Monster_CGI_Shade_small.jpg

1 Like

closeup_01.jpg
closeup_02.jpg
alenka_turn_comp01.jpg
alenka_turn_comp02.jpg
monster_beauty.jpg
monster_shade.jpg
progress.jpg
toys_06.jpg
toys_06wire.jpg

Attachments

closeup_01.jpg

closeup_02.jpg

alenka_turn_comp01.jpg

alenka_turn_comp02.jpg

monster_beauty.jpg

monster_shade.jpg

progress.jpg

toys_06.jpg

toys_06wire.jpg

Ah wow, really nice!

Thanks man :slight_smile:

This is such beautiful work, really great composite, lighting shading and rendering and the most I love the story behind it.
Your daughter will be proud when she is seeing this! Truely amazing work! Hope to see more personal work like that from you.
Happy sculpting :):+1:

This is spectacular work, from the concept to completion!

Beautiful piece. I definitely know what you are saying about love flooding in. I myself have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that I adore. I don’t have an Instagram. Any chance you can post the behind the scene images here?

Lovely work Tomas. Daughters are lovable, I hope you have more! :slight_smile:

I like it very much.
This robot with word RUR reminds me of Karel Capek :slight_smile:

so beautiful and lovely:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very cool work and nice details!
Cheers,
Ben | 3DGladiator

Just Speechless!

I believe when you can leave someone SPEECHLESS.
Its just like screaming when you see a monster under your bed! lol.

-Steve Cas

Wow!
Guys thank you so much much all the love and especially Zbrushcentral for plugging me in the top row. I am so glad you like it. Here is some hair process if you are interested.
Monster_progress.gif

Attachments

Monster_progress.gif

Very Original concept, congrats!