ZBrush is a very very good TOOL.

Cheers

Where to find me:
    Marc Boulay
    - Facebook

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

nice skull!

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Yes, that one really is very cool! And so different from the rest of the work contributed here. Thank you.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

BEST THREAD EVER! Thanks Jason and all the people who contributed!
    It took me more than 6 hours to read it all! I also have downloaded all the zip files, it seems that I will be busy the next days learning this technique.
    I hope to learn fast and post my own Zsphere character soon in the Eternal thread!

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Welcome Paul whoknows, and we hope to see your contributions. Feel free to ask questions if you stumble and post a few images.
    Jason Belec

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

I will be posting some ideas here in the next month that I have worked on during an upcoming feature. Currently I'm just a little busy with some new technology and a network I developed for the USA (currently anyway). So much to share and so little time!
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

How would I approach making 5 toed zsphere foot? I'm trying out rimasson's hand approach but I am not sure how he approached the feet. There is no closeups of the zsphere setup. Also with Rimasson's approach it seems you have to retopo the model as well.

Hi womball, several approaches exist, several threads have various ways of doing feet, either with or without XYZscript aid. Several of the downloadable characters have zsphere feet within the thread.

One of the best ones I had for all those little piggy diggits was

http://209.132.96.165/zbc/showthread...004#post264004

Even if you had to retopo this setup, it would be very fast at the base level.

Let me know if this helps at all.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Default Recurring Problem With 3.1

Hey, Jason.

Thanks for maintaining this thread.

I ran into a problem with zspheres in 3.1 but I found a solution and in case this has happened to anyone else, here is what I came up with. I've had it happen on all kinds of preview meshes but I will use a simple one for an example.

On the first page of this thread you demonstrated how to use zpheres to make a helmet-like mesh suitable for hairstyles, shells and (well) helmets. Before 3.1, you could make this 3-sphere model, toggle the preview mesh, activate x-symmetry and sculpt the preview in a bilateral fashion. Both sides would update in a mirrored way.

When I tried this in 3.1, I found that even though I could activate the x-symmetry and see the two little red dots (that meant zbrush recognized the x-symmetry) the mesh would not update symmetrically. Whatever point I pulled was the only thing that moved. I discovered, however, if I went to the deformation subpalette of the tool menu and hit the Smart ReSym button then I could actually use the x-symmetry. Then the mesh would update in a bilateral fashion.

Maybe I’m the only one with this problem but that is how I fixed it. It doesn’t happen all the time but sometimes it does and this is a way around.

Thanks!

~S.~
    Last edited by SNARK; 08-27-07 at 07:52 AM.

Haha, nice catch SNARK. I believe that feature is to allow far more functionality than before, specifically to symmetrical modeling of posed meshes. Glad this is still of value to people. Little things like that do help people and everyone appreciates any help provided.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

WOW! very impressive. I need to learn so much more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deepone_12.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	67146  

Welcome skullbeast, feel free to ask and contribute to the aid of all.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Default 3.1 - ZSphere 'Hollow Effect'

Here’s a little mini-tutorial on the ‘Helmet Effect’ Jason illustrates on the first page of this thread.

Select ZSphere from Tool Palette. Set Draw Size to ‘1’. Leave Transform xyz res at ‘0’. Draw out ZSphere and snap to axis (Shift). Turn on Edit Mode. Activate the Transform x-symmetry. Draw out two more ZSpheres in line with the root. Turn off x-symmetry. Move one of the end ZSpheres into the root. Toggle ‘A’ to view preview mesh.

~S.~

Name:	Z3 ZSphere Hollow FX 1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	67283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z3 ZSphere Hollow FX 2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	67284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z3 ZSphere Hollow FX 3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	67285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z3 ZSphere Hollow FX 4.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	67345  
    Last edited by SNARK; 08-29-07 at 07:20 AM.

hi everyone
    i like to post two of my recent results while learning to use zSpheres. A big thank you goes out to Jason who pointed me to this thread, which was very helpfull to get a glimpse on how to use zSpheres.

btw, i need to figure out how exactly to create wings or other thinner parts with zSpheres.

Name:	zb_insect.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	67357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zb_bird.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	67358  
    Last edited by ello; 08-29-07 at 08:38 AM.