ZBrushCentral

Ant-Man and the Wasp Concept Art - Ian Joyner - 2018

Hello Zbrushers! I am so bad about posting on here, but I am going to try and get better about it!

I was lucky enough to work at Marvel Studios for a few years, and one of the awesome projects I worked on was Ant-Man and the Wasp as a concept artist in the amazing Vis-Dev department. I worked under the incredible Andy Park (if you don’t know him, look him up and be amazed) and did a lot of development early on while the script was in development, all the way through production.

Here are a few of the images I did for the project!

Ant-Man vs Ant Mites!
A_IJ_001_deadant_001.jpgA_IJ_001_deadant_002.jpg

Ant-Man Meets a Tardigrade
A_IJ_012_tardigrade_meeting_revised_001.jpgA_IJ_012_tardigrade_meeting_revised_002.jpgB_IJ_Tardigrade_ATTACK_WIP_ij.jpg

Ant-Man is the world’s Greatest Grandma!
B_IJ_piggyback_001_REVISED.jpg

Early Design pass on Ghost
IJ_ghostfrnt1.jpgIJ_ghostback1.jpgIJ_ghostFlightBack.jpgIJ_ghostFlight.jpgscaled_ij_ghostheadsketch.jpg

Attachments

A_IJ_012_tardigrade_meeting_revised_001.jpg

A_IJ_001_deadant_002.jpg

A_IJ_001_deadant_001.jpg

A_IJ_012_tardigrade_meeting_revised_002.jpg

B_IJ_piggyback_001_REVISED.jpg

B_IJ_Tardigrade_ATTACK_WIP_ij.jpg

Wuau, amazing works.:+1:
If I were young again, such a job would be my dream job today. :smiley:
I love Suit-Designs for Heroes and Villians for cinema movies of comic books (they looks often more complex than in the comics as results. And i love that. I love your results. No matter if from Marvel or DC Comics. I love the works of the Concept Designers for the comic books character, for the cinema movies.).
Sad therefore, that iam not more so young and i’ve never learned english so great, and my creativity.
I had the talend especially in my youth.
I learned to appreciate it too late. :cry:

Very solid work!!