ZBrushCentral

Creature: Feardeaux™ the Grotesque!

He’s Punkinhead’s familiar and guardian of the pumpkin patch.

Feardeaux-870.jpg

i like this creature -
but they cut his tail off? :slight_smile:

It’s a sad story…when Feardeaux™ was just a little scare he kept wagging his barbed tail and many a tyke walked away crying in pain…so they bobbed him and he’s been slightly less scary ever since. :wink:

Made my first custom shader and re-rendered Feardeaux™.

Feardeaux-870-s.jpg

Good but not original!Just a creature…

Hey Payne, I did this creature out of my head, definitely not a copy, though he may look like a character you’ve seen, possibly. :wink: Thanks for the comment.

Good model, and I like how you did the shader.
I have a question about the block in which stays your model.
Did you add it after the modelling? If yes, how did you do?
Because I’m doing a king of statue and I can’t make a cubic pedestral for it.
I know should be easy using “prejection master” and adding a cube to the model but in my case doesn’t work.

Bye

Lux Steele

Hey Lux…glad ye like it. This is a one piece model because at the time I didn’t know how to work with multiple objects in Z-Brush, as odd as that sounds. So, I made the block and simple form in MAX, brought it to Z and started sculpting away.

What you can do instead is just save your Z sculpture as a tool so you can load it up again after you’re all done sculpting and texturing. Then, make a separate pedestal tool in Z, model and texture it, save it as a tool. Afterward, you can either use multimarker to join both into a one-piece mesh or, drop your sculpture on the canvas and then add in your pedestal later using the move XYZ tools. If you want to take renders from multiple angles it might be easier to use multi-marker to fuse both objects into one tool, load that up, then just rotate and render from many angles.

Good luck. I also suggest doing all the tutorials in the Practical Guide…I’ve been doing this over the last couple days and it’s helped immensely.

Thanks Dan…Multimarkers is working now I have my pedestal. :slight_smile:
Do you have also some tip on the shader??

Thanks again

Lux Steele

Hey there Lux,

I’ve included the metal shader in this post for you or anyone who wants to try it out. I also created my own light setup to get the renders…basically a key light and a fill light (red).

The shader makes use of HDR, cavity shading and a few other tweaks to get this cool effect where it really shows the detail nicely. :wink:

Thanks for the material…very cool :slight_smile:
I have another question for you. How did you write the text?
Another program I suppose.

Bye

Lux Steele

The text was done in Photoshop where I assembled the final rendered Z-Brush images.

Glad ye like the shader! :smiley:

Alrighty…so here is my first scene involving multiple objects in Z-Brush2. There’s a lot of experimentation going on here, mostly with fiber brush/materials and layers. I could definitely push this farther with more detail on the gravestones and such but mostly this was an exercise in scene management. :wink: Later on I will probably update with flowers, better gravestones with readable script, different types of grasses and moss and other stuff. Ideas and feedback welcome!

Feardeaux-scene-870.jpg

I like it a lot! Good job :slight_smile:

…shader :+1:
Pilou

Thanks for the comments guys…I have another work in progress but it’s a big scene…won’t upload till it’s done. :smiley: