ZBrushCentral

Just bought ZBrush Core this morning

No pressure.jpg

I’m disappointed to find that my surface pro 4 has no pressure at all while using it. This would be fine and take responsibility for it as my fault for not checking and making sure, but as far as i can tell Pixologic say that with this driver from microsoft it should work fine - https://support.pixologic.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/79/0/support-for-n-trig-pen-devices

now i didn’t exactly have this driver installed before, since the standard wintab one seemed to work fine, but after installing the driver specifically for the surface it still won’t work.

i’ve uninstalled both and reinstalled the one Pixologic suggest and it still has no pressure.

i feel very disappointed, i don’t know what to do about it.

the surface is not my only device, as i do have a desktop with a wacom tablet, but i’m currently not able to be at my desk as much as i like, hence why i was really hoping to have this setup on my surface first.

if any other surface pro owners know if it’s possible at current to get this working at present, then please lend me a hand.

Thanks.

(I don’t use forums very often, sorry if i do something wrong. it’s confusing.)

Attachments

No pressure.jpg

Please see this article for what you need.

I’ve tried this, it doesn’t work, I the post I did stating that I checked that page and installed the driver it was suggesting, but no luck.

I’ll give it another go when I get home, it could be that I just missed something, but I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. I just really hope I can get this working.

//edit//
I did also state in the post that I did try the driver suggested by pixologic in the link you gave me. But anyway, will try again

I’m sorry I missed that in the initial post.

The problem is that Surface uses N-trig, while ZBrush supports WinTab. If there are problems with the WinTab drivers for Surface, that needs to go to Microsoft. It’s not something that ZBrushCore can compensate for.

Okay. thanks.

HOLD IT. Wait. Scratch that. i think the way that page explained it was just tripping me up. Though this issue is a bit odd still, after deciding to just reinstall the wintab drivers it now works… the annoying thing is there are multiple things to download from the microsoft site, and while it may seem obvious which one to get my brain gets confused. this was because i already had the wintab driver installed, and i assumed the main download on the list would reinstall a more specific one.

Sorry for the confusion, i’m sure i sounded really dumb in the post, but i honestly couldn’t work it out in my head at the time lol.

Anyway, thanks, and sorry for the trouble!

I’m glad that it’s now resolved!