ZBrushCentral

Bill K Chan sketch

Hi fellow artists!

This is my latest personal proj which has been dragged out for waaaay longer than it should be to be honest :stuck_out_tongue:
I sketched out this character a while ago and now its in 3D! Inspiration from childhood shows: Evangelion, Gundam, Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell etc. I called an end to the concept phase and its currently 60% retopologized cause I intended to texture this guy through substance painter. kinda trying to take a break from the robotic retopo so decided to render it out in keyshot and do a bit look dev afterwards. hope you like it
C&C are more than welcome

cheers

preview003.jpg
render_v003_head01.jpg
render_v003_head02.jpg
render_v003_sword.jpg
render_v003_leg.jpg

Attachments

preview003.jpg

render_v003_head01.jpg

render_v003_head02.jpg

render_v003_sword.jpg

render_v003_leg.jpg

some lesure sculpt done after lunch for fun!
dailySculpt_v002.JPG
wiseOldAlien.jpg

haha, I actually went all the way to finish the character to production ready!
topoed then textured in substance. Now it looks scratched and damaed just like a proper soldier!
keyArt05.jpg
keyArt07.jpg
keyArt06.jpg

keyArt01.jpg
keyArt08.jpg
keyArt09.jpg
keyArt10.jpgkeyArt06.jpgkeyArt07.jpg

Attachments

keyArt01.jpg

keyArt06.jpg

keyArt07.jpg

Trying to mimic the style HR Giger did for Alien(1979) 's space jockey. That sculpt looks so great with the decayed surface and bony color.
Had a great time sculpting this creature with the new sculptures function in zbrush, and boy figuring out how to texture this guy was a big fat challenge for a texture noob like myself. Oh, if somehow you find this creature’s neck looks uncomfortably resembling something. You are right lol
scifiGiraffeKey.jpg
sciFiGiraffe_Full.jpg
closeUp001.jpg
closeUp002.jpg
closeUp003.jpg
closeUp004.jpg
closeUp006.jpg
closeUp007.jpg