ZBrushCentral

Polymesh looking strange

Hi all, I am very new to Zbrush and as expected, encountered some problems right from the start.
Using an online tutorial, I started my first project using Zspheres and converted it to polymesh3D. The polymesh I got looks different from the tutorial or most other ones I have seen. Here is the screenshot:
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 9.03.23 AM.png

The ribs look too thick and even after dividing in the Geometry menu, the number of polygons remain the same, but showed an increase in mesh only with SHIFT+ F screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 9.07.32 AM.png

Here’s what most other ones I have seen suppose to look like:

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 9.08.30 AM.png

I have followed the tutorial step by step, but upon converting to Polymesh 3d, mine starts to look strange, what am I doing wrong here, any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!

I think probably what you are seeing is the preview adaptive skin with the Dynamesh Resolution slider enabled. This slider was introduced quite recently so older tutorials won’t feature it.

To get the old behaviour, set the Tool>Adaptive Skin>Dynamesh Resolution slider to 0. The resolution of the adaptive skin will then be determined by the Tool>Adaptive Skin>Density slider.

When you have finished with your ZSphere modeling and want to sculpt, press the Tool>Adaptive Skin>Make Adaptive Skin button. This will make a new tool in the Tool palette with a name beginning “Skin_” which you will need to select. This is already a polymesh and can be sculpted. Also, the Density slider (mentioned above) determines the number of subdivision levels this mesh will have. (You can add more as you need them.)

HTH,