ZBrushCentral

Displacement and normal map plugin

I am running into a problem where I have to create normals and displacement maps for 20 or more items at a time to transfer over to substance painter for painting. Is there a plugin that can make a normal and displacement map for each one of my subtools?

If not can anyone tell me how to make one or make one for me because I haven’t a clue where to begin. Thanks for any help.

The Multi Map Exporter plugin, installed with ZBrush, should do what you want. You can read about it here:
http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/zbrush-plugins/multi-map-exporter/

I have looked into that one and while it is useful, I don’t need to export them because I am exporting a fbx file. Is there away to do this without exporting the maps?

You can use a macro.

Save this file to your ZBrush 2018\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and restart ZBrush. There will then be a new button in the Macro>Misc sub-palette called “Create_Disp_Norm_Maps”.

Pressing the button will create Displacement and Normal maps for all subtools. Note that no settings are made (such as Tangent for Normal Maps) so you’d need to set these up first. (Though these could be added to the macro.)

Create_Disp_Norm_Maps.TXT (658 Bytes)Create_Disp_Norm_Maps.TXT (658 Bytes)