ZBrushCentral

Banjo-Kazooie Remastered Fan Art

Hey guys, Just thought I would share some WIP Shots of this project I’m working on. Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite platformers and they are among some of my most beloved characters. I’ve been a bit bummed that they are effectively a dead franchise and so a friend of mine drew up a concept and I am working on a Zbrush sculpt for 3D Print of the beloved bear and bird. Here are some screenshots of where they are currently at:

Original Concept:
banjoSmall.jpg
BK.jpgBanjo.jpgKazooie.jpg

I’ve been experimenting a lot with Banjo’s fur but I think where his legs and raised arm are at right now is generally where I want to go with it. I think I need to redo his stomach and might add some around his neck as well. Beyond that I still have lots of small things to do and of course his backpack :slight_smile:

Kazooie still has some weird things. I mainly need to figure out how to make the feathers on her head look good from all angles as this will be 3D printed. So I need to experiment with that and make the feathers thick enough as well.

As for when they are together, I’m planning to make Kazooie have a wings or two out to add something interesting to the opposite side of the sculpt. There’s still a lot I’m trying to figure out so if you guys have any feedback all is greatly appreciated!

So cool!

I went in and made Banjo a bit shorter to match the concept. Rounded his chest a bit more and also pinched in his waist around his pants for a better shape. Also made a ton of small tweaks to his face. The distance between his eyes and his snout was really looking weird to me. So I spread those out and opened his mouth a bit more. I also went in and added a bit more feathers to Kazooie’s head. Tying to make it look good from all angles for printing purposes. But think I might still need to tweak and simplify them a bit more

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hey guys! Didn’t post an update in awhile but I’ve been making a ton of modifications to both the bear and bird and finally started posing them. I think I still have a bit of work to do on the pose to make them a bit more appealing from other angles and still gotta finalize some of the subtools as well. Let me know what you guys think!
BK_WIP_0.jpgBK_WIP_1.jpgBK_WIP_2.jpgBK_WIP_3.jpg

I finalized the pose a bit more and also added a little Jinjo poking out from behind Banjo’s leg. I always loved Jinjo’s so this seemed like a good fit for the composition and the piece in general :slight_smile: Gonna get these guys into Keyshot and start dong some final renders
bk.jpgjinjo.jpg

Hey guys! Thought I should share some of the final renders. I posted a bunch of other images on the Artstation page. Still working on the 3D Print :slight_smile:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YaRKY3

Print_1_Low.jpg

Just thought I would share that the work form this project was recently featured on Kotaku and my buddy Sean Hicks and I are thrilled :slight_smile:
https://kotaku.com/fans-imagine-a-new-look-for-banjo-kazooie-1833139283