Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Lighting update

Hi there,

Thanks Jason and Ron, I checked out the lighting thread and it was very helpful...I re-rendered my scene with different lighting...the main light is more of a backlight where the moon is and I have a bluish fill light as well.

Frenchy..a comparison to Burton is definitely a compliment..thanks!

Just for fun I added some snow in Photoshop.

Wompus-Winter-Snow.jpg

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Now that looks better. The light in the treehouse door needs to spill out onto the snow. A simple texture/decal would do it. The same for the light on his lamp, it should bounce off the tarp, metal bars, and even his face a bit. And a warm glow from within the pumpkin would also help the warm/cool contrast. These all could just be painted on. You really can do all this in Zbrush including the snow.

A suggestion , the beasts breath - should be more visible, he his huge, lots of moist air coming from those lungs. Which would lead to some ice crystals around the mouth.

I'm just mentioning these things, as the details are always the things that make an image better than a sketch.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Stunning, I love this, I haven't read the whole thread properly yet but just in case, I'd like to hear a bit about how you created your snow.
    The only thing I would say is that I'd love to see a bit of detail in the moon, maybe something like this:

http://www.boxy.co.uk/html/noirlge.html

I think you might find something at NASAs website.
    Loverly!!
    Sav

thats a terrific scene dan! watching it grow from day to day has been great fun. each time you post it i think 'it cant get any better'. how moody dare you go? with the moon as the main light source you could go a lot darker in terms of front light - that lamp above him could help you keep the details visible even as the rest was darker.very moody!

but sounds like i dont already think its fab- it is!

hans

Default Great feedback!

Thanks for the comments!

Hey Jason, all good ideas..I think I'll take a crack at getting Lantern bounce light in Z by adding another low intensity light. I think you're right on about the frost on the bigger beast too, though I picture them as not having been outside that long and the snow is just starting...still, the frost may just help sell the snow and cold weather and I am all for that.

Sav...hmm I may try your moon suggestion and see how that works. It's more of a graphic style right now using a flat Z-Brush disc as the moon but I'd be curious to see it with a more representational moon. The snow was a shader I came up with...bit of specularity and such. I'll attach it so people can check it out.

Herdmann glad you've been following the progress...it's been interesting for me too...and a learning experience as well, of course. The feedback here is great!

Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

that's fantastic man! love the animal the orc is riding. i would not wanna be chased by a herd of those things...
    i'd be really interested to see him dancing over some thin ice...

dado

Thanks Dan
    I'll check out your shader. Still just learning myself, there's so much to learn I haven't even got round to materials yet
    Keep up the good work!
    Sav

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12