ZBrushCentral

Tara

Hi, this is my first post on ZBC. :slight_smile:

My name is Tristan Liu, a character artist located in the SF bay area. “Tara” is my latest personal project I’ve been working on these months. The model was sculpted with Zbrush with skin details from XYZ, and rendered in Arnold.
It was inspired by Siwoo Kim’s concept: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5em2A. Also, I want special thank Chao Dong for the great critiques and feedbacks.

Hope you like it. Cheers!
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/58YQv1

FullBody3.jpgFullBody4.jpgFullBody2.jpg刘天舒2.1.jpg刘天舒3.jpg刘天舒4.jpg刘天舒5.jpg刘天舒6.jpg
Zbrush sculptings rendered in Keyshot,
Tara_All.jpgTara_Close.jpg

8 Likes

Welcome to ZBC - great first post, lovely work! :+1:

this deserves more attention!
extremely detailed…i’d like the mesh around the eye a little more transparent but such a great effort :wink:

Brlliant stuff

very great work, love this!

Fantastic first post Tristan. Exquisite amount of detail in the clothes and skin.

If I may ask some questions. I am subscribed to the YCF-homework portfolio on Artstation. I finally realized that this was a classroom page and not a single artist :wink: so I started looking into how one might take their class.
It is based in China and the auto-translation is a little rough. Did you take this class? Is it an online class? Would it be possible as an English only speaker? I saw a price listed as only 9000. Is that Yuan or a mistranslation?

Appreciate any info you wish to provide.

I love the hair and the skin. It’s amazing.how do you do,can you tell us

This really is quite good.
Are you able to post any notes on the work?
Specifically, the method and tools used for the hair?
Thank you. :slight_smile:

Looks fantastic! Great hair and textures. Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Ben | 3D Gladiator

This is such fantastic work. Is this all the high poly textured in substance before moved to Arnold as im not sure what XYZ is haha?

Thank you guys for the comments!

@Wyatt, thanks! Yes, I took their online workshop last October. It was a great place to share feedbacks and critiques and also kept me away from getting lazy after work. :smiley: So far as I heard, they are preparing the English masterclass, but I don’t think it will happen soon. The currency is CNY.

@askue, thank you for your comments. Sure! Let me write a breakdown for her :smiley:

@garethS, thanks, man. The skin was painted in Mari with Texturing XYZ map. Others were done in Substance Painter.