Member Follow User Gallery

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to post these tutorials, as you say, now to start further experimentation! John

Your welcome John. Love your work by the way! Slightly shocked to see they burn those sculpts at the end of the festival O_O

In the meantime;
    another sculpt, another round of BPR filters. I love these filters! Can't... get enough...! o_o
    Sculpt is still a work in progress

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing your art and tips and tricks with us!
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Two more images of NPR experimentations.
    I'm trying to get a nice range of pencil-drawn setups going. First a collage with various filter combinations tried out on some random works

And here my current favorite style. I was trying to get a bit of that Ghibli/Moebius pencil linework happening. And this is where I got it currently (and I'm adding an unfiltered screengrab for comparison):

The creature itself still needs a bunch of work, soooo... perhaps I should get to sculpting instead of all this BPR filtering >_<

Member Follow User Gallery

Woot woot! Well deserved top row, thanks again for the guides, super useful.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

this is awesome! the npr makes things come alive. I am really curious about the last picture. the 2 eyed monster has parallel hatching lines in the shading? how did you get that effect. it has that distinct comic book inking style. cheers!

Thanks for the appreciation!
    Not sure what you mean with parallel hatching though, but I suspect you're talking about the smoothness by which the lines seem to follow the surface of the sculpt? The trick here is radius my friend! For Texture Overlay - like with most filters - radius actually blurs the source image to which you're applying the filter. Since Texture Overlay uses value information from this image to rotate the projected texture, you'll be smoothing out these values and thus create for a much more gentle crosshatching effect.

Hope that helps!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Super, thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234