New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Ideas for the next Evolution of ZBrush

I was thinking about how useful the ZBrush folders are at compartmentalizing a project and started wondering what innovations I could think of.

The first thing Idea I had was to change the folder from a folder that holds subtools to a subtool that holds subtools. This would allow a folder to hold a folder.

The next idea on my list was to give a folder an origin, a home location for the folder where you can snap the gizmo. Add the ability to snap a folder to a point or edge via the gizmo and you could position items with precision. Though I think snapping would have to be limited to objects in a parent folder. Maybe just give every subtool the ability to parent to another subtool.

How about giving ZBrush the ability to save and load folders.

This next Idea I admit I am steeling from "3D-Coat."
    If you could put a negative(subtractive subtool) at the top of a folder followed by an additive one you could build self countersinking screws, lug-nuts, or mini-guns. Combined with the previous idea would bring kit-bashing to a new level.

Being able to arraymesh a folder staggers my imagination.

Just wondering what others think about my ideas. How would you improve on my ideas?

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Feature requests should be submitted as Support tickets; one feature per ticket.

Thanks!

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice