ZBrushCentral

Revealing a spirit of Halloween...

Finally this Halloween I decided to make a quick Greetings-Creature the “Helloweenor”, not only endulging in some enjoyable doodling, but more so experimenting and exploring light and quick approaches with a great feeling of ease, since it has been outside any project driven work.

As I get drawn deeper and deeper into ZBrush I discover ways to get highly controlled and quickly applied details at relatively low levels of subdivisions. This allows to accelerate into the definition of a models details before having to deal with higher division levels. However, I havn’t looked around too much here, yet, so I’m not absolutely aware of the general level of knowledge about tips and tricks in ZBrush, which kind of puts me in danger to preach to the choir, so to speak or simply to bore you with things you may already know, however, at least I can share with all of You how much I’m blown away by the countless ways in which ZBrush allows us to reach such sophisticated details with such great ease. I give it to you anyway… :smiley:

A bit of information for the setup of this:
Modelled and UVmapped using Lightwave (polygon count: 550)
ZBrush (of course) for both displacement and color maps
Textured and rendered in messiah:Studio (rendertime for image below: 7m10s)

A look at several stages of the Helloweenor in messiah:Studio2.0c

A look at one of the very quick ways to get a rough wrinkling into the model at a low division level of 5. Time to make this about 30sec to 1 minute.

I hope this gives me a chance to share a bit of my fun with you. There’s plenty more to come…I think my obsessive nature has found a new target: ZBRUSH!!! :o

TaronZBCImage.jpgHelloweenor_demo.jpgHelloweenor_quicktech.jpg

addictive ain’t it?:smiley:

Don’t worry about preaching to the choir…there will always be someone out there who is knew and looking to learn something…besides it’s cool to see how other folks approach things and you might be showing some old dogs new tricks!:smiley:

cool model!

Looks freaky… which is what you want for halloween right! HAHA I don’t know how I missed this one before, but it looks great.

What I would like to see is more “action” in tutorials. Showing, and telling, are two different things IMO. I’d like to see either time lapse videos, or zscripts about how certain things are done, rather than just a few notes and screenshots. I’d like to see if Pixologic will reveal how to add .wav files to zscripts, because then it would be easier for me to make notes, etc…

One things for certain though, Zbrush is an amazing advancement in computer software. I love it, and I am always amazed at the level of detail achievable in the program.

Great work and fantastic design as always !
It’s always great to see how the others are working, so don’t worry : it’s not boring at all, to the contrary, we never cease to learn by the others ! Especially by some masters :wink:

Keep posting such great work ! :+1:

…is surely the brother of this guy :smiley:
Cool figure :+1:
Pilou

Second the comments above–viewing highly-skilled artists at work never bores me. And it’s always instructive.

Looks great as always Taron! Wow.

that is fantastic, the expression and overall look is just evil, this thing really needs to be in a movie :+1:

BEst greetings from Frankfurt from Axel Mertes, my boss :smiley: If you still remember Magnamana :slight_smile:
Regards,
Thomas

Awesome! Thanks for the step by step Taron. really cool to see! Looks very freaky! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
r

Greetings back to Axel, really triggers some memories…crazy. Emails would be more than welcome! :wink:

Thank y’all, this is really great feedback, because it encourages me a lot to prepare and share a lot more of my discoveries. There’s so much, I’m literally excited to join in for the exploration. What a bizarrely brilliant combination out of fun and productivity…well…

THANX!!! :+1:

Taron

Wow, Taron, that image gives me the fear!

Great work, as always…:+1:

Really scary on concept design and details!!Awesome work.

Z Brush is so fun to work with and i see for it a very bright future.
did u ever try starting with z spheres? u can even pose them !
real fun!! :wink:

Ace details, makes me feel kinda uneasy, which is a good thing honest…:wink:

Terrrriffic. I especially like the shading of the left side in the medium size render (“rendered with zbrush generated color…”)

More!

Oh yeah, Zspheres, I’m just now getting into them some more. There’s just so much to explore. They are obviously powerful and I can’t wait to exploit them a lot more. After witnessing Meat’s demonstrations and seeing the amazing and quick results I got another push to get into them more deeply. One thing at the time, I would say, if it wasn’t like discovering 5 to 10 things at the time right now! Great stuff…
I think I should soon be ready to go zSpherium! :wink:

Yeah that.

I can’t wait and see what you will cook with z spheres as well.

obviously YOU don’t need them to do astonishing characters , as you usually do in Lightwave but seeing some work with them would be really great.

just look what Antropus the great Alex Alvarez and Meats created with them recently… :wink:

Awsome… technique and I love the character! :smiley: :+1:

cOoOooOOOooOOool :+1: :slight_smile: