Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Jerry Stiller´s Protrait (in admiration of Antropus ^^) with light+mat and Tutorial

Mat+Light-setup; tutorial part1 / part2 (read description here)

Hello ZBrushers,

in recognition to Antropus´ wonderful Picasso Project and of course because im a really big fan of Jerry Stiller since "Seinfeld" and "King of Queens" i trying to make a portrait of him. I already posted a wip of him at the great skin shader thread started by SoK. One of the downloadable materials there was the base of my skinshader. Its long ago since i worked on it but the last days i got motivated again. The following picture is the one that i used as my template. Its quite small and bad resoluted, but the expression is great and so fitting to him and its hard to find good references on him.

this is my aproach so far:
    jerry-stage7-1-zb.jpg

if you wanna see a really BIG version, click here

I have now the problem that i cant get an acceptable result for beard, brows and the rest of the hair, so if anyone has a hint for me i would be really glad! Any other comments would be great too!
    Tahst all for today. I hope you like it

greetings!
    Last edited by froyd; 11-11-04 at 02:04 PM.
    nosce te ipsum!

ZBrush Link Database: z-links.de
    chat with us on IRC: #zbrush / EFnet

Awesome. You capture his essence in an impressive way.

Cant wait to see the final.

Wow..really nice render and expression. I tried to play around witht he available skins haders but never got to this quality..Can you possibly post the one that you modified with light set up?

Yong

ha ha good one, i watch king of queens all the time, its on a a few minutes , as a matter of fact.

will you do the hair, it seems close but the lack of hair its not complete. cant quite tell. he seems too young for some reason. kinda has an asian monk thing going on.

Default Hi froyd¡¡

Just wonderful and masterpiece artwork¡¡¡
    Thanks for share this superb work¡¡
    ANDRESELOY

excellent

Default ok guys tell me how tell me how

ok i am having alot of trouble with the creases and bumps in faces how do you make those fine lines and indentations i just dont get it and that is some sweet modelin by the way i truely admire your workface somewhat.jpg
    See it just looks too smothe i dont like it WAAAAAAAA someone help me beat this face up ....

By the way if noone can tell me how please provide me with one actually 2 9mm bullets to shoot myself with lol cause i might shoot myself in the foot trying to load the darn thing "just kiddin"

Fantastic, are the eyes done in zbrush or photo shop? If in zbrush did you do them right from the begining at the zsphere stage of the head?

Thanks

Very well done?
    Some tips about texture are welcome
    Bye
    Leo

Wink Where are ...

...teeth ?
    Cool figure
    Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default material

Really very good skin shader. I looked on skin shader thread where u posted your model and compared it with this one.I have to say that this is really much better.Do u add some details on the model or it is only in the new material?

Smile thanks!

Very thanks for all the kind comments!

SolidSnakexxx, marciani:
    i´ll upload the light+mat setup, but keep in mind, that without a texture the material doesnt look like human skin.

materialsetup.jpg

I also tweaked a LOT after baking the Layer, so the uploaded setup also doesnt look like in picture above.
    But thats a thing i love at ZBrush: Its great to be able to give different layers different lightsetups and other tweakings (for skin, eyes ect). you can handle your document in some points like a real painting while having some advantages of a plastic (thanks to pixols). But even for me it would be difficult to achieve exactly the same result again with this setup.

I also have to mention that the mesh isnt very proper modeled, except at the front. Some parts parts, like the back or hidden part haven´t even seen any special brushstroke.
    The texture isnt very detailed, too. But in this case there is no real need for that, thanks to the great shader from SoK´s thread. The material and the shader work together to bring up a nice result.

roguenroll:
    I whish i could get some better results with the fibre shader of ZBrush. I really want to give him his hair, but im not very good at painting hair in PS :/ But i will try, thats for sure!

Bustedshell, Flekoun: i will record a ZScript that shows how to make those wrinkles, pimples and creases. Hope i can upload it soon! Its very similar to the way Antropus explained that.

Pilou: Yes there will be teeth

tutzoom.jpg

7/8'sIrish: Yes, the eyes are complete ZBrush, there is no PS-composition. After rendering and baking the head i created a new layer where i placed the eyes on. I tweaked light and material, rendered and baked it. After that you can use simple brush or other tools todarken the edge where the eye and eyelids come together, paint some vanes with red color... It took me over 2 days to get that result of the eyes, since i never gone this way. I just took a sphere3d, made a polymesh out of it, made a little hole at one pole like in the pic below and gave it a plastic-toy material. The rest is texturing and tweaking after rendering and baking.

Well, i will try to finish and upload the ZScript about creating the details till tomorrow. Thanks again, see you then.

greetings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by froyd; 11-10-04 at 12:25 PM.
    nosce te ipsum!

the small thumbnail on the front page looks like Jerry, I guess your first picture was so big. I think the cropped top of the head takes a way the bald look.

Pretty good likeness as I see it now.

Default sorry!

Oh my... I completely forgot to mention that the basemesh of this head is the one, spiraloid posted here.
    So many thanks to him for sharing this! And thanks to Grugi, who remembered and remined me

thanks roguenroll
    nosce te ipsum!

Hi,
    why did you make the whole (indent) in the eyeball? Does this give the iris/pupil depth?
    Thanks for being so helpful with your experience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast