ZBrushCentral

Maori Eye - high resolution print

Here are a few images that I should have posted about 4 months ago when I first did them…how time flies. These were made for the Pixologic booth at Siggraph this year, one was also used at the Gnomon booth.

I created both images at 4096 x 4096 and then scaled up in photoshop to 3 1/2 foot wide and 4 1/2 feet tall @ 200 dpi, which held up pretty well. You can’t see any pixels (or pixols) in the prints themselves, so I was happy.

My working method for these was to create the base 3d object and then turn them into Pixols as soon as possible so I could paint in the details with the 2 and a half D tools. I do all of my work on a laptop nowadays, so converting them to Pixols made it easy to work in the higher resolutions.

Maori Eye Closeup

Crappy photo of the print itself:

The Skull images - the first one was at the Pixologic booth with a backlight:

And a combination of the Maori Eye and the Skull just for fun. This can be printed over six feet wide and 4 1/2 feet tall:

Anyway, just wanted to share my printing experiences…:slight_smile:ZBCImage.jpgeye_photo.jpgskull_1.jpgskull_2.jpgmaori_double.jpg

Cool stuff!!!

Thanks for shareing this, verry interesting , and detailed :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Beautiful iridescent paua iris. It looks like he has just seen a taniwha.

Very nice. I like the eyes, although I think they look more like opals than pauas. He definetly looks frightened, I wouldn’t want to meet one in the dark. A taniwha that is.

The more recent mokos are shallow like in your picture but the traditional ones look as if carved out of the skin.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Great combination of paint and 3D, i like the way the Zbrush rendering-engine
works, i only hope that the output value in future editions gets “upped”, and some of the" unstable tool" issues are repaired !

jantim

…that Maori were especialy eyes divergent :smiley:
Very cool close up :+1:
Pilou

Thats a good one Frenchy. He definetly got a problem.

Very cool!
I want a print! :cry:
;):+1:

Great work Meats. It’s really inspirational to have such talent amongst us all.

Keep it up!

Regards,
Zendoftheworld…

Another cover for a magazine?? hahaha

Fantastic images

Is possible to see some wire from this scene?
Thx
JC

meats…crackin stuff bud as usual…
think your eye has lots of life to it which is essential and always the hardest part to carry off i recon…so kudos on that.

also like the sort of transition from wire style to tattoo style you got going on…whats next engraving style? runs off to knock something up…heh heh…oh no damn it he beat me to it…look at the eyeball…damn you man…flingster gives up his pseudo artistic career! hangs up his mouse…

i like the big print…i love doing large prints usually abstract stuff looks great so i’m sure something as detailled as this even at 200dpi was pretty damn cool. just out of curiosity how was it printed?

>>
Is possible to see some wire from this scene?
<<
Nope! Possibly for the individual tools that went into it, but I imagine they won’t have much in common with the final product. Once converted to Pixols, it’s a whole other world.

Meats - that tribal on the eyeball is a freaking fantastic idea. It looks totally awesome! :slight_smile:

While I have to admi its a bit rough on my eyes LOL, their still really great!! I like the look in they eye on tghe first one.