Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default New Head render... dude has spikes.

Hi all..

Decided to take one of my Zbrush heads and do a proper render of him.. Used Zbrush to detail everything and do the color/spec/bump/sss maps as well. Rendered with Maya/Mental Ray. There are still a few things I'm not that crazy about, and I think I'd like to spend some time on a background, but here it is for now....

spike.jpg

-Alex

btw, the Meats Meier and Zack Petroc Zbrush DVDs have been announced on the Gnomon Workshop site... they total about 10 hours of training on Zbrush, and have helped me a lot. They are quite excellent. I get to be the guinea pig for all of these new DVDs.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Alex, that looks amazing!

I've decided to really jump into Maya Fluids, heavily. So, Z-Brush will be on the back burner for a while. LoL

Thanks for the comment on the DEM... That file only uses 15 quads. I'm working on another one with 35 quads. Not sure if you saw the 15-quad quicktime or the still image but here is the link if you want to check it out. Grand Canyon
    Dez - Assistant T.D.
    Disney Feature Animation
    www.dezfx.com

"If it looks like computer graphics, it is not good computer graphics." - Digital Lighting & Rendering By: Jeremy Birn

I think you can do a "proper" render in Zbrush as well !
    The anti-aliasing is not great in Zbrush, but your rendering :" a half shot with
    big shadow contrast and blurred background" should not be a big problem .
    Its only when you have lots of object that need carefull placing and you need
    transparency, refraction, caustics and "spot-on " shadows that you run into problems.

jantim

cool model and render!!

only thing that bothers me is his eyes. He looks like he has cataracts and the character is much to alive and fighting or ready to fight to have such eyes. I think if they were more
    on "fire or alive" so to speak so they match his look here....that would really top this guy off!

Having said that....I don't know what your plans are with this guy etc....so what you have may fit well.....hehehe I don't know.

love everything else tho!!

i think the eyes are very fitting on that great char... they make him alive in a special way and contribute a lot to his expression... I would keep the eyes as they are, but thats just my point of view

very nice char here

greetings
    froyd
    nosce te ipsum!

ZBrush Link Database: z-links.de
    chat with us on IRC: #zbrush / EFnet

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

A.Alvarez, I think it's pretty good. Lighting will help things, ignore the background until you get the main focus right. The overall surface looks a little too much like plastic.The overall essence of the pose and composition is great.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Default Great design

I like it, the char have strong, i love the lights

Thanks for the feedback...

Yep, I'm not sold on his eyes either... needs some work.

Jantim: well, I have nothing against Zbrush rendering, its just I've been using Alias software for 10 years and am comfortable with it... plus I can rig the head if I choose to.. he actually has joints already in his head so I can pose it. I should use Zbrush to make some blendshape targets...

-Alex

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Actually in the Abrush Practical Guide they show you how to use Zspheres like bones to get poses, similar to the new features coming up in the future. However Alias has great tools as well.
    Jason Belec

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

i like the eyes..don't care if they don't look real. they F@#&ing look cool.

Default Noraml Maps

This is a Maya example so I just wanted to put it out there,
    I made a tangent space normal map node for maya's renderer, just in case anybody is interesting in adding some details with normal maps

you can download it from my site www.alexcarbonero.com
    and there is a conversation on

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php...78#post1793178

Default Head update...

Ok, so I decided to create a background environment for him, and in the process had to rework his lighting for him to fit in... I modeled a lot of the background elements in Zbrush, but in the end you can't really tell due to the lighting and the depth-of-field, but it worked better that way... I think. Was rather tricky to get Maya to render so many Zbrush displaced objects without RAM exemptions... fun fun.

dude_head_900.jpg

And here's a link to a higher res version:
    http://www.alexalvarez.com/images/3D...head_1800.html

-Alex

Not bad at all.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice work! I love seeing what one artist is able to pull off with Zbrush. I would love to see some animation with this guy if it's possible. Out of curiosity did you use the default maya renderer for this image?

Default Ole

Impressive composition and the background is pretty.

I like the model and the cloth and armor is wonderfull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast