ZBrushCentral

Parasitic entity - full scene (updated)

hi!

here is my last work.

Scene is made of 2 objects: 1 - creature itself (fully posable zsphere model adaptively skinned (subdivision level 7) and hatchery, made from primitive Cone object). 3 materials, 3 lights
Pure Zbrush.
Comments welcomed, especially to render. I will post more materials later.

update:
new render - hatchery has been drasticaly modified.
parasite_final2.jpg

u rendered it in zbrush??
if u did can u tell me more about the settings u used to render it?

anyway realy good scene,and a very good rendering!!!

…creatures!
Pilou

A new episode of Tremors is coming :lol

I loke it, original char

looks cool, but I think it could be a lot better

the texture around the mouth of the creature makes the skin look as though it is relaxed and bumpy…I feel this skin should be very stretched and taught because the mouth is being openened, that would make it look much more lively…

also the organic cavern that they are inside could use a lot more medium detail…like large ribbed bumps on the walls or something like an esophogas

the ribbing on the snakes is good also but I think it would look better if it continued on the bottom of them and not just the top and sides

the cave could also be more slimy

Seems I wasn’t the only one who felt like doing a worm monster today :slight_smile:

Looks cool, great work!

:smiley: hehehe! Looks like someone else likes Stargate SG-1 :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice! You should put a more glassy material, like toy plastic, or metallic.
Also try to put some dark or red fog, would make it more horrible!

Thankx for nice comments to all of you.

stuh505: hope I improved it in the second render. I know, it is not perfect, but it is where my skill is for now. Thanx again for constructive notices!

andel7: what exactly do you want to know about render settings? there are 3 lights in the scene and slightly improved contrast. And cavity material of course.

SOooooooo, here I go. How it was done. Basicaly I used the same workflow as in my earlier Lizard model

1. modeling zsphere stage - the most important thing was to keep it as symmetrical as it gets. I used radial symmetry for fangs. I had to change resolution on its head sphere to XYZ:3 till it was fine.
    parasite_workflow1.jpg

thank all of you for viewing this and I wish everybody Merry Christmas!
cheers

Attachments

parasite_workflow3.jpg

parasite_workflow2.jpg

parasite_workflow4.jpg

looks like Taenia Saginata¡¡¡
conratulations for the model and also for share
andreseloy

I really like the “hairy hatchery” !It has a strange illustrated quality about it.
Did you use a particular material or light setup? Could you tell us how you achieved this effect?
I looks great!!

H

Hi Vox, great creature concept. Have a nice Christmas. 50.