ZBrushCentral

Question: Choose Zscripts

Hi there I’d like to make a Zscript where you get a screen in the beginning to choose different parts of the Zscript and then plays them like in the PMtutorial that came with Zbrush 2 but problem is i don’t know how… i’ve been searching in the cmd list but couldn’t find it. Also to show a button or item when displaying a note so you can see what the note is about, i think i found that 1 but i’m just asking to be sure…
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Marry Z-mas, DF:)

The easiest way to split up code in a ZScript is to use routines. If you are familiar with functions in C and C++, routines are similar. You define a routine with the [RoutineDef…] command, and call the routine with the [RoutineCall…] command. (The full documentation is, of course, in the CMD list.) Routines also support parameters. One thing to watch out for is that (at least the last time I checked, which may have been before version 2) you can’t use recursive routine calls.

If for some reason you can’t use routines, one other possibility is to write several ZScript files, and have the scripts call the files instead of routines.

Hi,
The tutorial you mention uses Notes to create a user interface that calls the different ZScripts. I’m in the process of adding this method to my Little Tutorial about Notes but as I shan’t finish this for a while here is an example. Unzip the file so that the contents are all in the same folder and then load the zscript NoteButtons.txt.

Cheers,
Marcus

Havent been here for a while…

thx for the help