ZBrushCentral

••• Pixologic User Group meeting - January 10th, 2005 •••

Icon2.jpg

Grab your pixols and meet us at the next Pixologic User Group meeting to be held at

TERRA in San Francisco [color=red]- January 10th
• first day of the San Francisco MacWorld Expo •

This event will kick off at 5pm with complimentary food and beverages
followed by an exciting evening devoted to all things ZBrush.

A remarkable line up of artists will be presenting ZBrush as seen through their eyes…

Bay Raitt needs no introduction to the ZBrush community. As Creature Facial Lead at “Weta Digital”, Bay Raitt was responsible for modeling and building Gollum’s facial system used in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Ken Brilliant is an award-winning CG artist, sculptor, and author. His work can be seen in a variety of movies and television series, including Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World, Interview with a Vampire, Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles, and a variety of other films.

Meats Meier is an ward winning artist and artist-in-residence at The Gnomon School Of Visual Effects, has just finished the very first ZBrush class at Gnomon and has two ZBrush DVDs available now from the Gnomon Workshop. He will be keeping it real and showing us the pixol love.

Taron, animator, modeler, innovator and the man behind the amazing animated displacement maps circulating in the forums right now will be presenting. During the last user group meeting Taron went through the entire lifespan of a model in 45 minutes. Amazing!

Zack Petroc, model supervisor on Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, is a superb sculptor who has a new ZBrush DVD now available from the Gnomon Workshop. If you missed his amazing sculptures in Toten’s office look them up on the web. Simply beautiful.

This promises to be a unique evening to mingle with ZBrush luminaries, peer into the minds of remarkable artists and enjoy the Pixols! Mark your calendars and book your flights, we’ll see you there!

This ZBrush event has reached full capacity and the registration is now closed.

We are extremely pleased with the list of people who have registered for the event.
The list includes ZBrushCentral members and other leading industry professionals from
major movie studios, special effects houses and game development companies.
Thank you for your registration and continued interest in ZBrush!

Note: Those who would like to come to the event, but have not registered,
may still be able to enter depending on seat availability.

For a map showing the location of TERRA visit: www.terrasf.com

Awesome!
Makes me sad I can’t be there.
SOMEBODY BETTER record it for use Zusers here.
:cry:

Sounds great, I’m a great admirer of Zack Petroc. Unfortunantly I’m on the other side of the world. Is it possible to take video footage of the respective session or to have open a live feed to each event?

//
Kircho

best! news! ever!!!:smiley: abxy is going to san francisco!!!

I will also be away, most likely in in Europe setting up a pipeline for another studio client. Damn! A chance to get out from all this snow, missed yet again. Please grab a video monkey and get some cool visuals - I think we’d all be willing to wait for 200-300 MB downloads! :smiley:

This sounds sweet. So many great artists in one place. But the best bit was when you said free air plane tickets for people from scandinavia :slight_smile:

Seriously, I hope some or all of it is captured on video, or at the very least please remember to press Zscript>End record and share the goodness :wink:

Oh man, this looks amazing. What should be interesting is that this is being held on the last day of the big Concept Art workshop and at the same place. Should be cool going from one great event right on to another. Any chance of you guys being around to talk some of us attending the concept workshop? I’m guessing you would have many, many interested artists. I know there was a lot of interest in ZBrush at the last event in Austin but we had no one there with the kind of experience you’ll have at this. Woot!

sweeeeet. i’m becoming a zbrush-oholic. can’t wait…

It will be amazing. I am sure. But what about us - the europeans. :frowning:

:cry: :cry: :cry: snif… Sad to miss it… Montreal would have been cool too…:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I’ ll be at the meeting surely,
i arrive with my motorcicle , wait me i suppose some hours from Rome;)
bye
Leo

…on the Queen Elisabeth 2 :smiley:
Because there is some water between France and San Francisco :rolleyes:
Pilou

Man, I really hope someone records all of that stuff and puts a torrent file up or something like that - I’d love to see Bay, Ken and all the other great artists talking bout ZBrush…

Damn, why am I living in Europe? :frowning:

blin, kruto - in russian, g ood:+1: fellows

Are there any restrictions on photography and or video/sound recording for the meeting?

I´ve never seen a meeting in Portugal…come on guys, we´re people too, really nice food and great weather all year…:stuck_out_tongue:
Not of Zbrush or other graphic app…that makes me really sad because we can´t cross the Atlantic to go to the States to be there(we have the will, we have the balls…but we don´t have the money :wink: )
And thats not A but THE definitive programe…wow, Meats(I´ve seen a really nice chapter all by him in a book last week showing the progress of Mother Nature - I guess that´s the name of it), Ken B(the first image made in ZB was from him a long time ago), Taron(are you the guy with the fancy T shape avatar from the daily sketch forum of CGtalk?In that case U ROCK both in 3d and 2d!!) and Bay(he did THINGS in the LOTR!!! “My precioussss”…no more words needed )

So many living legends and I can´t see them alive n´kickin with a tablet and a Zbrush2 copy!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:
Would love to be there!!!

It took a few hours to sink in that I might be able to actually go. I mean, I’ve got some freelance work right now to cover expenses, and an old friend I never see anymore is performing some concerts in that areaa few days later. This could make for a very nice trip! So, let’s see what I can do about making it happen…

What about Los Angeles(movie capital of the world) or San Diego(video game capital of the world)?:smiley: :smiley:

Los Angeles had the first one.

Note the word “Annual” in that article. And mark your calendar for October…

edit:
How do you figure on San Diego being the video game capital? If we’re going worldwide, I would have thought it’d be Japan.

Wishful thinking because I’m from San Diego;)