ZBrushCentral

Q: Is it possible to write plugins for zbrush?

I got a spacemouse, and wonder if it’s possible to write an interface between zbrush and the spacemouse.
It can handle MFC, win32 and other options, but not scripting.

the SDK can be downloaded at www.3dconnexion.com

TIA

kobi

I’m sure it’s possible, just another interface tool… if a plug for spacemouse appears , I’d be very interested in getting hold of it.

Would be very handy for manipulating the model and with the 10 customisable shortcut buttons… could be very nice.

El-d

I did some cheking, and it seems like most aps with spacemouse support require having a user API, or interaction between the makers of the app and the makers of the spacemouse.

since getting it, it’s proving to be an amazing tool - I work in solidworks most of the time.

hope someone picks up on this and writes a plugin. It would be amazing to map 11 actions on the buttons, and be able to rotate the objcts in 3D.

this would be a superscript who i really really miss alot…

i use the spaceball alot with unigraphics … since i got it… i couldnt work without

zbrush would rock with the spacemouse on lefthand and a pentablet on righthand

I’m sure that, if the ZBrush Plugin API is ever released, Spaceball support will follow shortly thereafter.

That said, I own a Spaceball myself, and having finally gotten up to speed on ZBrush’s interface, think the spaceball would actually slow me down here. It’s all about the keyboard shortcuts…

I’d be anxious to give it a try, though. It’s always good to prove ourselves wrong…

Ctrl-z

if you are into shortcuts, the spacemouse has 11 buttons. Imagine mapping each of them to usein every mode - in SW you can map different functions to different modes - like assembly and part and drawing, so it would mean a VERY handy tool. not to mention the rotation and zooming :slight_smile:

I’ve got a spaceball as well, and a wife with experience writing plugins getting it to work with unsupported versions of Maya :smiley: . I would love to have a spaceball in zbrush, it’s a nice option. Maybe the api will be released with the next update :confused: