Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I cant quite get used to the process of this technique. I wish there was a video tutorial on this; it might be easier to follow. I have tried a method by Ryan Kingslien, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK81ZsLKXwY&feature=user and it works decently well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my website. C&C welcome.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Just download the ZSphere Tweaks plugin here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...=zsphere+hands

That should allow you to change the X,Y, and Z resolutions. I hope that helps a bit.

Ryan Kingslien has a video tutorial on the creation of hands with ZSpheres over at Gnomonology.

This said: thanks for this tutorial also!
    The more the merrier.

Default Going crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by dk79
    Here's what I've got so far.
    Once you learn how it's done you get used to it. But I can say that I wouldn't think about approaching hand modelling this way if someone hasn't told me how it's done

hands2.jpg
    OK, I know this thread is old, but I have to know, is this model generated with JUST z-spheres or is there scultping on top of what the zSphere give you (going crazy here trying to figure out how you got this hand with just zSpheres).

ZSphere Hand topology is definitely doable entirely in ZSpheres, and once you grasp the principles, its a relatively straightforward procedure. Its worth putting the effort into ZSphere study, its an excellent tool for setting up complex model topology correctly.
    (With the added bonus of being able to pose the model while retaining that topology!)
    Last edited by MalcolmT; 09-14-08 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreidrage
    OK, I know this thread is old, but I have to know, is this model generated with JUST z-spheres or is there scultping on top of what the zSphere give you (going crazy here trying to figure out how you got this hand with just zSpheres).
    Hello dreidrage.
    There's added sculpting to get the shape of the hand. There's no reason to get the exact shape of the hand with zspheres. You get the basic shape and then you move things around to get them where you want. This is where polygroups helped a lot.

There's also another way which I prefer. The screenshot is taken from the Kurv studios DVD "Get into Zbrush"

KurvHand.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234