ZBrushCentral

House Elf

Hi.
Just thought I would post some stuff I am developing for fun as I learn more about Zbrush. This is my first go at total Zbrush and my imagination.

The character is based off of JK Rowlings House Elf concept taken from Goblet of Fire.

Here you can see how I tried to developed the character from Zshperes. I think it took about 3-4 hours to totally flesh out the character! That is incredibly fast! Especially because I am not really a modeller, but specialized in painting.
[
]

Alexwinky_sphere12.jpg

[color=Red] Here is a test of a skin shader. I've achived some variation by using several differnt versions of SOKAR's skin shader applied to different areas of the mesh with the simple brush. I qucikly painted in the eyes and some hair on the head and in ears.

Since 01-14 I’ve started learning how to use Projection Master to paint 3d details. I have to big up GNOMON and the Meats Miers DVD, which is greatly expanding my imagination and Zbrush2.

----Alex

</span></span>![HouseElfSkinTest.jpg|897x673](upload://901UXDWnum1RqaBK3TiUrgVyCgA.jpeg)

beautiful modelling, rendering,painting!

Incredible work man.:+1:

Could be very appreciated if you can show the setup skin value on the photo (like a simple tutorial)

Bye
Leo

Following some of the ideas presented in the Gnomon DVD I made an alpha to create gnarled textures which I will use for one of several skin texture.

I used to paint all these wrinkles by hand on my older models in photoshop. The Alpha tool makes creating a rich and varied texture very fast and easy!

Here is a test of the texture applied to a sphere.

[]

I’d like to share my alpha but it is rather large @ 800k.
If you want a copy just email me and I will send it 2 you.

Just trying the texture on my model by deforming the GEO in Projection Master. Not very happy with current results, but the nice thing about ZBrush is that it allows for lots of experimentation.
[]

Good night.
Alexander.derrick@adventure.comtexture_Ball.jpgskin_test.jpg

Very nice skin material. The underlying paint job is what makes it extra beautiful.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Marciani, Blakshep. thanks for your comments.

I’ll try and screen grab or do some explinations when I get a free minute.

But basically I took SOKAR’s shader and tweaked it. Made a copy tweaked it again, and tweaked that one again. Then I used the paint tool to break up the main versions in different areas.

For instance, the nose and ears have a higher red ambient compared to face.

I think the trick to good skin shading is lots of variation. As good as SOKAR’s shader is, one shader is not going to give you the variation required. Also, a color map is important. I can’t wait to start digging into Zbrushs paint tools.

-Regards
Alex

Superb work on the skin shader test wip!! Really gives him\her some life!

I agree on skin shader is not enough on one model and an added color map/texture only enhances what can be achieved. you are gonna love the shader, highlighter etc brushes!!

Have fun experimenting and I look forward to seeing more!!

…so bad for a no modeler artist :+1:
Pilou
Ps Funny the liittle hairs on the top if head :slight_smile:

“Looks great” …it shows your a painter ,nice balance of light/dark and shiny skin
but it looks like your model got bored posing for you :smiley:

jantim

This character has masses of ‘presence’ Great image.

Now that fellow must be related to my rabbit - Rufus!

Great work, and it’s nice to see your steps. I think people are starting to appreciate just how much they can accomplish with Zbrush and you have certainly contributed to that.

Beautiful work Lo_stres! I like the skin render and his expression. He looks like he’s bored to look like he does and to have such huge ears:lol:
Nice step by step too!

Hey, great modelling!

I admire your style¡¡
Thanks for share
Andreseloy

Excellent, real nice pic.

Nil

So much personality!

Love that bored look on his face.

The image is very painterly, which I love.

This is one of myfavorite images that I have seen on this site, I was stoked to see that you mentioned me and my Gnomon DVD’s! I appreciate that…

:smiley:

Wonderful stuff!
Yeah, I bought the dvd…couldn’t help myself. I have to see how meats works and See Z2 through his eyes. Hey, send me the alpha and I will uploaded it for everyone to Download.

Wow, thats great! congratulation! thanks for the develpment-steps! :slight_smile:

greetings
froyd

Really beautiful stuff. Wow.