Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Question: pop-up texts

All I could find that worked was the text color switch, \C. Nothing else I tried would break the line. Would be a nice feature though!

Sven

(oddly enough, I seem to have replied to your post before you posted it. Hmm)
    Last edited by Svengali; 01-28-05 at 08:13 AM. Reason: perplexion

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Default Question: pop-up texts

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to code line breaks in pop-up text, and if so how? Sometimes it would be nice to not have text all in one long line but the \n used in Notes doesn't work for pop-ups.

great trick Svengali.....i thought i was losing it there for a minute.

Thanks Sven, but if I use \C (on its own) I get some strange behaviour. Either my pop-up text is truncated at that point (I get the same using \n) or, stranger still, in certain configurations I get some of the pop-up text for my last mouseover. You might like to try this code:

[IButton,"Test button","Mouseover\C"]

and tell me what happens. Occasionally I get some lurid color combinations and the NoteBar is worth keeping an eye on too. Particularly tantilizing is when I mouseover the HSV color selector and back to my button - the RGB values are there with neat line breaks.

I'd also be interested to know the code you used to post 36 minutes before my post!

What I meant to say was the only switch I could get to work in popups was \C (PLUS a value) to change text color. I didn't mean to imply that \C would work as a line break.

Sorry for the confusion. If I could figure out how I managed the time shift on my earlier post, I would just go back and change the unfortunate phrasing in my answer, thus avoiding the necessity of posting this clarification.

Sven

(p.s. For what it's worth, I'm my own Grandpa, too.)

(p.s. For what it's worth, I'm my own Grandpa, too.)
    That's a relief... It's quite possible then that this thread, before long, will have not started at all.