Default I was going to wait till it was done..

OH well here is what I did this afternoon it is a wip. I'll tell you about it tomorrow going to bed now. all zbrush frintgoatmanDocument copy.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like the way you model eyes

Very cool.

Inspired by the book "Resemblances"? One of my all time favorites!

Greg

Default Inspiration is right

Punchatz, you are correct. I ripped off this design from the work of Charles LE Brun (1619- 1690) I love that this guy was designing monsters in the sixteen hundreds. If I'm not mistaken he also designed the palace at Versailes. For anyone who is interested besides the book you mentioned, you can also get prints off of the original plates of Le Bruns work at the Louver museum. That is what I worked from. I gave him a little more attitude than La Brun though. I hope to get back to this model more this weekend finish the modeling, texturing ,painting ,I'll post again when it's finished

Very classical looking. Modeling hair has that effect. Nice woik!
    mike nguyen

Default Transparency question

I knocked out this quick test eye for this sheep guy before I have to go to a kids birthday party. I have two questions
    .From what I've read for an object to be transparent it has to be on a different layer .Is there no way I can make an outer clear layer and save it as part of my eye model? Next question, I drew some little raised veins on the base eye, they looked great in projection master when I dropped ,or picked up I forget which one it is when you go back to the canvas, the rgb part of the painting looked like this. Is it because my texture was too small? Can someone please help ? thanks eye testdoc copy.jpg

Default Looks like your texture map is to small

Hi monster,

It looks like your texture is to small, do you know what res it is?

As far merging your models you might look at multi marker tool, there os a zcript you can run that covers it. I dont know if will work with materials or not.

PS Check you email

Member Follow User Gallery

hi, very nice eye, could you tell me how you made it ?? i'd be very appreciate...

Greetings

Default Resembances-quick doodle

Well I was going to wait as well, but I have actual work to do!

Ive always wanted to do one of his designs and you inspired me to do so!

My take on Le Brun's monkey man. I screwed up the nose, I am going to fix it later. I will add hair and textures in XSI.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minky.jpg 
Views:	719 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	5505  

Default Minky now with roma plasticine

an update to yo my earlier image- now with a roma plasticine material to take me back to my sculpting days, now if I could only get my computer to smell like sulfer I will be all set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minky2.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	5512  

Default closer to being done

Had a chance to work on this guy a bit more today, Can't do anymore tonight so I thought I'de post it. sheep man .jpg

Default Wow!

Freakin Awesome!

Greg

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

You're going to have a lot of requests for tutorials on how you do your hair, if you keep this up.

To answer your questions: Transparency in ZBrush requires that the transparent object be on a different layer from what you're seeing through that object (and that Render>Flatten Layers be turned off). Because of this, you can't have a tool that's self-transparent.

What you CAN do is use two Sphere3D objects to sculpt your inner and outer eyes. After sculpting, apply a very slight Size deformation to the outer eye so that it's fractionally larger than the inner one. Save both tools. You would then put the inner eye on one layer, and place a marker. Then you would switch to another layer, select the outer eye (and its transparent material), and click the marker. The marker will ensure that the outer eye is drawn at exactly the correct position, scale and orientation. Turn off Render>Flatten Layers, do a best render of the layer with the inner eye, and then switch to the layer with the outer eye for a final best render.

Regarding the texturing question, it's hard to say what the answer is without knowing what your texture size was. But as a general rule:

1) Larger textures allow finer details.
    2) Drawing the object larger on the canvas before dropping and painting on it allows Projection Master to do a better job picking the model up again. It's generally good to completely fill the canvas with the area that you're texturing.
    3) If you don't care about blending multiple drops and picks together, turn Projection Master's Fade button off. In other words, have Fade on when you're painting your base texture over the course of several drop/paint/pick routines so that what you paint can blend smoothly together, but then turn it off when you want to paint on specific details such as those veins. That way, the veins won't be faded as the curvature of the eye angles the pixols away from the camera.
    4) Try to keep the area you'll be detailing aimed as squarely toward the camera as you can. This prevents stretching as the pixols start to angle away from the camera.

Hope that helps!

Yeah like Aurick said....that hair is sweet!

Great texturing! Between you and Stumpf I have my work cut out for me....but some fine examples to learn from!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default HairDo!

Monstermaker,
    Beautiful work on that hair, beard, and eyelashes.
    Great skintone also!
    HanKO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast