Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Head Modelling session II

jason belec tip final four head.jpg
    This image was done with the tips suggested by Jason and Matthew in the thread of Jason Belec ZBC http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...806#post189806 Thanks to both¡
    Andreseloy

Default Hi Bas¡

Here is an excelent zscript made by Surly Bird http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...840#post188840
    in my opinion one of the best tutorial made in the forum related box head modeling.
    Andreseloy

Quote Originally Posted by sephellius
    It's definately true that you can't animate properly with a sphere.
    Don't be so sure.

I build a mouth around the top pole, and the edge flow is pretty natural. Eyes are trickier, but I'm starting to find success hiding all but those areas and hitting the Tool : Geometry : Edge Loop button.

I posted some simple motion tests in this thread on CGTalk, if you're interested.
    --Aaron Levitz
    Web / FB / G+ / Twitter / YouTube / Vimeo / Indaba / HitRecord

Unhappy ZScript problem

I was just watching my recording script, to make sure it plays ok, and I realized that after adaptive skinning, when I redraw the new tool on the screen, it still uses my zif tool. So the remainder of the script plays all wrong. Know what I mean? You can't see what I'm doing because of the wrong tool being displayed. How do I get around this?

Default Hi Slosh¡

probably one of the zscript master could help if you send it. I was in trouble to with my last modelling session when i minimize ZBrush to see other app and then the zscript do ot run again.
    Probably TVeyes, Sven or Marcus Civic to mention few can help us.
    Ansreseloy
    ps: my last zscript is 665Kb.

well something I did not all that long ago was mesh a regular sphere head to a zsphered body and saved it as an object and sent it to an artist friend of mine who was familiar with animation and he animated it. He did a 10 second or so short making my character dance....I have to tell you all that there is nothing more kewler than seeign one of your works brought to life like that....He did say the edge looping was a major concern for working with the face....but the overall effect of the model for me was an awesome experience to see. I guess for eye blinking, expressions and talking , the character/model would probably be easier to work with if the edge looping is the way it's supposed to be. If I can find the animation and someone to host it, I would be more than glad to post a link....anyways...I love this thread.

Slosh, I don't have the answer to the problem you are having. You know I am no coding guru..lol....I do good to find the on button on the old computer.

Andre, I like that head...lots of character.

The box modeling to not be mislead, is not a matter of selecting a 3d cube and modeling it in its default state....lol... (when I first heard the term box modeling, that is what I thought it was....didnt realize it had something to do with altering the mesh...live and learn.....) 4 years later and I can finally model a stick figure with a potato head with wrinkles....woooo hoooo

Ron

Unhappy OK...here is the head

Thanks for trying Ron and andresloy. Anyway, I wanted to post the final work (minus texture of course). If I work out the kinks in the script, I will gladly include it, but here is what I have now. It took 1 hour...then a break for shopping...then another 1/2 hour to finish.

BirdTest.jpg

Send it to me slosh buddy. I know I can fix it for you.

Default Honored to be part of this forum

ZGrab01.jpg

Hi,
    earlier I have posted few comments with congrats to the great work of the masters of this forums, but this is the first one where I am posting something that I have done, my first human head. It was not the speediest thing in the world (couple of hours), but I am happy with the outcome.

Pajonate

Ctrl-Z's Question:
    Is that ZSpheres + manual Edgeloop?
    Yes. Started with three Zspheres for the head and two for the neck, after which I made a polymesh, which was edge looped as shown on the first and second mesh.
    Thanks for the encouraging words (thanks to Slosh, too). Recognitions from established members in this forum mean a lot.
    Last edited by pajonate; 02-03-05 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Anwser to Ctrl-Z question

Very nice, pajonte. I think the top of his head gets a little too narrow in the front, but that's easily fixed, and not the worst problem you could have.

Admiring your base model.. Is that ZSpheres + manual Edgeloop?
    --Aaron Levitz
    Web / FB / G+ / Twitter / YouTube / Vimeo / Indaba / HitRecord

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Z
    Don't be so sure.

I posted some simple motion tests in this thread on CGTalk, if you're interested.
    YOu guys are knowledge beyond knowledge. I didn't take into consideration that you could edge loop the eyes into the sphere. Also, I used to create poles where loops meets at the eyes, and the mouth, so your sphere theory turns out well.

The control cage also looks really controllable!

Ahh I know now, I was thinking of the sphere being unanimatable because I started off with the sphere's base resolution that Z-brush provides us. It's a pretty high poly count to begin with, but is easy to make a quick head.
    mike nguyen

Thanks for your comments.
    It is true that Bruce's texture is too "oily". Lol.
    I shall try to modify that.

I like very much the head of Shrek which was create, and the work of Pajonate (except for the height of the head, too thin, I believe).

Talking Monday night challenges...I missed 'em

Glad to see they are still going strong.

very nice work, pajonate. Wish my first post had been that well done.

MTB - I will send you my script, but you gotta promise to tell me how you fixed it.

Default Another try

I wasn't going to post this guy, because I did not spend ample time on his face. I liked my earlier bird-man face better, so this one got tossed to the side, but I really like his dreadlocks, so I figured I would share. To get the details, I simply hid all other parts of the mesh, showing only one "lock" at a time, then applied the mechanical looking texture from the texture palette, used mask by texture intensity and did tools:deformation:inflate. After each dread, I did the helmet part the same way with a different texture. Not too bad for an experiment, I would say.

bird.jpg

very nice! I like it

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast