ZBrushCentral

First Head. (Comments Welcome)

My first head! Iv found doing a head much harder than body so thought il post this head, it can only get better from here onwards. would have liked to carry on with it today but pc kept crashing. Took just over 3 hours in total.

Does anyone know how I would add hair and eye lashes?

FINAL HEAD 3.jpg

A few more pics with more detail.

head final  grid.jpg

Attachments

final head eyes.jpg

nice model, the eyes look especially good. howed you achieve them? I’ve been having some brainstorming sessions as to how i will achieve eyes on my current head model in progress. As for hair, one solution i’ve seen is to add it in 2.5d space using the the deco brush.

good work.

looking good. Found one of my old thread about hair making…there is a zscript on it as well on that link…

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=20606

one other way to sculpt the hair is to mask off the area you want hair, inverse the mask and go to deformations and inflate the hair area then sculpt on the hair/inflation area …then you can always touch it up with 2d and 2.5 brush work when the image is finished…as for eyelashes…when I do use them I normally just paint them on…I guess you could make a zsphere set of lashes as a seperate model…would be like creating a catepillar that was skinny and had only one skinny set of legs on one side…model and tweak that to match your modeled head and add them in on a seperate layer to keep things clean or you could probably multimarked the eyelashes and the head model together and have a one piece model…guess it depends on what you need the final image or model for…I am sure the others in the forum will have some better ways of doing things…but this at this point is how I would have possibly added them. Look forward to more on this very nice looking head…love the ear work too.
kind regards,
ron

abxy I made the eyes out of a basic sphear3d devided it 2 times used plasic material and placed a marker before making it into a pollymesh. Then use projection master to do the rest. Iv included a zscript I quickly done, its not that the best out come but you get the idear. As for adding them I drop a marker for the main model then import my eye use the Gyro to move place and resize into the eye socket. I then place another marker and use the snapshot object function to make a duplicate and again move eye into second socket and again place a marker. Next I clear the canvas use multi marker Tool and drawer out onto the canvas the model which now includes the eyes, from here I goto the tools menu/modifiers press make polymesh and re drawer this onto a blank canvas with the eyes now part the model as one mesh.

Ron thanks for the info will look into it.

Nice script! But how you did it without making a texture? When I go to the projectionmaster its making a new texture!

when you drop the eye, drop it with the material box sellected in the project master asuming you have already sellect the plastic material before droping the eye. It will ask you if you want to create a new texture, sellect yes. When you add the eye details and pick up the eye from project master it will include the details on the new texture that the project master made when you 1st droped it. Hope that explained it.

The other way I make eyes is to use a texture and use Tools/Texture Hrepeat for a more life like eye but I like using the other method for cartoon like eyes.

This is method 2#
eye bn.jpg

should the script not work let me know.