ZBrushCentral

Paid Video Tutorials

Am I missing the method to see which keys are keyed or which tools are clicked on while viewing the built in ZScript tutorials-- V2.03

Video tutorials seem the only way to see more of what to actually click. Can anyone comment on these videos, which seemed best for non-character, more architectural modeling–

Introduction to Zbrush &
Zbrush Production Pipeline
by Meats Meier http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/

Please let me know–

–which ZBrush version do these product use?

– are these live session videos of desktop?

–do these show lecturer just standing there and talking?

–is there much overlap between these two videos?

Thanks

I bought the Meats vid. Well worth the $70+price. This vid not only is a great intro to Zbrush 2 but also provides insight into Meats’ style.

This vid will not become obsolete in a few months, like the others will, because the new features in the forthcoming update can be added as an additional disk to this set.

The other two vids, Alvarez, and Petroc’s, are Maya pipeline oriented and will have to be redone for the Zbrush 2 update this spring or summer.

These are live, screen action views with voice commentary. Monkey see…Monkey do.

Bottom line…
buy the Meats DVD.

If you use Maya and are in a hurry to get up to speed with the current version of Zbrush then get the Alvarez DVD as well. :+1:

Here are some new ZBrush and Maya DVD’s:

http://www.cmivfx.com/dvd_vfxKit.asp

:wink:
Andreseloy

Bo, I agree with AcmePixel’s comments. As a new user I felt that buying a video would better show me the how to’s of Zbrush better than the Zscripts could. I tend to be more of a visual and hands on kinda guy when it comes to new programs.

So, I bought both the Meats vid and the Digital Tutors vid. I received the DT video first and watched it twice. It shows you alot of ways to use the tool, gives you a good quick boost to using it and covers a lot of information.

BUT… let me tell you 3 reasons I liked the Meats vid better.

1). His video uses the Zbrush2 interface and that’s what I will be buying.

2). He explains everything in a more intuitive manner, the best way to decribe it would be to say I felt like the DT instructor gave me an overview and Meats taught me the things I wanted to learn.

AND 3). and this is the biggest reason I can say…after watching Meats video…I GET IT! I see what Zbrush is all about.

It’s still on me to take all the creative stuff I’ve Jammed in my head over the years and put it togther, but I now have the tool and the concept, and I believe that Meats video put me over the beginners hump.

Thanks Meats!

Jason

Bo,

Replying to your initial question: make sure Show Actions is on in the ZScript menu before playing back a zscript. You can also adjust the Repeat Show Actions to make each action clearer. Setting the Replay Delay slider to 500 or so will slow down the playback. And finally, putting your mouse in the extreme top left of the screen (beyond the little orange logo) will pause the zscript. Clicking the mouse button will then move the script forward an action at a time.

I got my CMI DVDS today

Unfortunately the first DVD was carpeted

Waiting for them to get back to me on that…

:frowning:

Hello all, new, I only found out about ZBrush2 recently, it blows mw away.

I too learn better from a Hands On, and this sounds just the thing,

R.

this two info are gold for me, i love and hate zscript be cause some thing are showed like i want, for example when you start and stop projection master, that cause in me a lot of mistake when i start to see first video of zbrush, and i would love to see the ability to move step by step in zscript and back, to understand better every action did.

yeah i bought the gnomon zbrush dvds was pretty expensive for me… €90 per dvd i ordered them seperate :mad:

But they are really good to learn from much better then a zscript to my opinion.