ZBrushCentral

Nosferatu

Hi! This is my new 3d model - the character Nosferatu.
It was modelled in ZBrush and Maya , and then exported (with textures) to Maya. It was rendered in Maya native render.

Comments are welcome… thanks! :wink:

[attach=7054]nosfe_high.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

nosfe_high.jpg

very good model friend and very very well executed

Murnau :wink:
Pilou

ilusiondigital : Thanks a lot, my friend!

Frenchy Pilou : Love that film… Murnau was a genius! :lol:

Here´s a grey image of the character:

[attach=7472]nosfe_GI[1].jpg[/attach]

Attachments

nosfe_GI[1].jpg

great model I really like the use of shaders. great Work!

Only 4 replies for this wonderful image???

I repeat, i like this image :wink:

Greetings

Great model, really like them twichin hands. Great colors/materials. :smiley:

You nailed the vulnerability of the charactor. Its a fun piece. I like it!

Pretty cool image!

To improve it you can work more in the clothes and background. All the skin parts are working very well. Even with too much SSS in the fingers I think this is a nice touch for an stylized work like this :+1:

Cheers,
Kris

Please excuss my ramblings. I like the peice as it is as well. Yet I too had thoughts of other tones to the piece.

Yes I could see him as possibly having a more funeral dark grey coat as well as darker background. It was a very dark as well as black and white film. I too dig the stylised hands. Yet feel there needs to be more contrast between the background overcoat and wall. with the coat darker than the wall. BUT still the blue tint throughout these background elements to contrast the modern effervesence of the charactor himself. Deep dark gothic in the presence of the luminesient charactor. And I do strongly feel that the window shadows could be much more ominous. Of course you may not want high drama and I am an extremest to a fault.

As I say these are likely just the ignorant ramblings of a madman.

Stephen Casey

This is a wonderful job I love the exegurated image very very much HOWEVER here in this image we can see everything I would very muck to see very dark shadows and intence light waves coming above…lovly job post more!!!

NURGLE: Thanks, glad you like it!

ilusiondigital :  I´m grateful even for those four replies! Thanks again for your kind words. :)

Giantsun :  Thanks a lot! 

Stephen Casey : Thank you. I tried to make this character like something that crawled from under a rock, you know? 

Antropus : Kris, thanks for your advice - I´ll try and improve my work. Your work and skills are an inspiration for all of us. ;):+1:

Stephen Casey: Your ramblings are far from ignorant, my friend, and very welcome. I´ll improve this character, and hope to show the results real soon.

Keramazotti : Thanks! I do agree with your comments about the mood of the scene. I`m working on something...

Wow,…i almost missed this thread, and would have never seen the picture of Max Schreck one of the creepyest vampires ever !
Great picture…:+1:

jantim

jantim : Thanks ! I´m glad you like it. Nosferatu ir really creepy! I also love “Shadow of the Vampire”, with William Defoe as Schreck… :cool:

Saw that movie too…i looked into your usergallery…found out that i missed all your posts…How is your Triceratops looking at this moment :qu:

jantim

jantim: My tric is on stand-by right now… hope I finnish it soon (or someday!).

Here´s a close of Nosferatu:

Wonderfull image. Very well modeled and I love the pose and expression of the character.

Thanks, Rafael. Glad you like it!

He´ll be the main character of a short film I´m making. In the final result, the film should look very damaged and old. This is a B&W version of the close:

nice piece of work. I like the pose.

Can you explain which level (poly count) you expot to maya?

Ralf Stumpf

Pilou