ZBrushCentral

Simple qüestions (render and skin)

1. Once I have a 3d model and a texture in my zbrush scene, how can I render it to a file (I don’t see it neither in manuals nor in FAQ). Can I render it to jpg?

2. Which skin shader do you think is more realistic? The one from sokar or the one from antropus (picasso’s tutorial).

3. Do you think brazil r/s skin shader is more realistic than these others ???

Thanks guys !!

Just render the scene in phs and after this you can make a jpg.
About the skins, take the skin you like. They are all good!!

If brazil offers sss then its gonna be better.

After you best render, go to document menu and click on export…you can save as jpg, bmp or psd I believe.

One of my favorite plugins…Psnap can make it a one button operation so you can do multiple renders and save them in incremental numbers…eg myrendertest001, myrendertest002 etc.

the link is in my signature.

as far as which is better? that’s up to you, your lighting, your texturing on top of the material etc etc.

In the Document menu (top left) there is a EXPORT button, you can use this to save your image to a file like Jpg or tiff etc once you have rendered in Zbrush. Thats it;) .

thanks!

In export options file I can only export to psd, bmp and tiff, I supose I must render the scene in phs as Bas Mazur said, but how can I do that?

I have renderer the scene and here it is the result… I have changed some render options (aliasing) to archieve an more quality render but I can’t take off that grain in my skin, and I can’t eliminate that not smoothed outline neither…

Any ideas?

Attachments

head.jpg

Macaco, in ZBrush (my version 2.0) you only can save as psd, pct, tif and bmp. You need another program like Photoshop to make a jpg. If you have Photoshop the best way to save is psd.

hi,

I am sorry, for some reason my brain keeps thinking (I think it’s wishing :wink: ) that zb can export to jpg. Bas is right…bmp, psd, tiff. All three of which can be converted in Photoshop.

You don’t render it in Photoshop…render it in zbrush.

once you render it…go to documents and hit export…save as one of the three above mentioned files…then convert in photoshop or whatever program you use.

I need to relook at the pic you posted to see…so will do that and come back.

ok…best way to do that is to choose a document/canvas size twice what you want the render to be…say you want a 1024x1024 render…make your document/canvas size 2048x2048 then click on the AAHalf button…this will render your pic at 1024x1024 with anti-aliasing and get rid of those jaggies.

sorry again for my brains wishful thinking…but psd, bmp or tiff really do offer much better options than jpg. Much better to convert in ps or the like anyway so you always have the true color version.

I just want jpg for doing quick posts…like i do for the challenges…so they don’t don’t take up more server space…anything else…gotta have those defaults!!!

Ok! thank you to all.

Now I have some nicer renders :smiley:

Here I post a more quality render, by the way… what is your opinion about the model ? It only has the skin shader material.

Why do I get those dark areas or spots in some parts of the skin (It hasn’t got texture)? Is it the shadow?

Attachments

head.jpg

TIP/HINT:idea:

macaco you can host your image on this site

and give a hot link here, than upload ur files directly on to this forum.

Its just a TIP i would like to share with you and other Zbrush users:idea: . Thanks;)