New Member Follow User Gallery

Smile First Time Model.......Hydrophos

This is my first model in Z. It's a work in progress. I will post more as I continue. I've only been working in Z now for a couple of weeks. I love it, it's awesome! I'm a game modeler for Sony, so being able to integrate Z with Maya and photoshop is a big plus for me. If you've played the new PS2 game, "God of War", I was responsible for the water level, so naturally my mind was still below the waters surface. I got to thinking about some kind of creature that would be living below the murky depths, so I came up with, "Hydrophos", which loosely translates from greek meaning, "water man". This is a work in progress and I'll post more as I paint, etc. This was modeled all in Z, beginning with ZSpheres, then going into Maya and laying out my UV sheet. My plan is to model a bit more using Projection Master (wrinkles, skin, etc.), then use the high poly for my color texture base, exporting the low geometry back into Maya while using the high poly exported color texture from Z. I hope this works! I want to end up with the head at around 700 polys. As you currently see it, it's at 10k....pretty dang big for what I need to use it for. If anyone has any comments, critiques or suggestions, please send them on. I welcome any and all, negative or positive. Basically, I guess, if you have a suggestion, please follow it up with, "I like it because of......or......I don't like it because of......or.......This area could improve if you........etc. I think you get the picture. Also, if anyone could point me to any and all tutorials that would involve my above stated process, that would be truly helpfull! Thanks in advance! Keep on ZBrushing! The images that I've seen in these posts have truly been an inspiration!

DenJohnsonHydrophos.jpg

-Den Johnson
    "King Of Cornbread"

Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Beautiful.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Thanks very much Jason. I'll have updates soon. Will begin painting shortly....still doing a bit of reading up on Z.

-KOCB

wicked cool cant wait for next stage

Beautiful work. Will you be able to use bump or displacement maps in your final environment? Gonna be hard pushed to get anywhere near 700 polys with that much detail otherwise.

There's a tutorial board on this site, and the search engine is pretty good. I also believe there's a Maya/ZB workflow tut in the main ZB2 downloadable pdf. But I could be mistaken.

Just checked .. there are 3 Maya tuts in the pdf.

Cos: Thanks very much, more posts coming soon. Appreciate the feedback.

Moochie: Very cool, I'll check those out right now. Unfortunately, color is all I'll be able to work with. So, yeah, I won't be able to get that as much detail on a 700 poly head.....but I'm hoping I can bake in ZB lighting into the texture. I've been able to do this using Projection Master, but have some really bad seams and artifacting going on. It's a great program, definately a very fun learning process.

Den , thats looking great, and great to hear from you . I just got ZBrush2 and I'm looking forward to creating some cool stuff. keep up the great work . Wish you were in TX. later
    chris

Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up Wow! Nice start

Good progress! Keep going on

Hi,

You might want to experiment with Material Baker script. The link is in my signature. You will have to go to a text editor to change the default texture size if you want to create one bigger than 512 but that's easy.

Make sure ya read his how-to's all the way thru or you might miss an important step or two to get it to work for you.

what it does is allow you to deal with coloring only and worry about baking in the cavity shaders etc later.

check out the other links in my signature, you will find some very useful timesavers there, some you don't even know you need yet!

Default Great character !

The material is so special and good.
    I like design of Hydrophos.

Cool Very cool!

Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Default Critique

not bad, i'd say smooth the leading edge of the ear into the face to is looks less like its a separate part. keep going

The attempt is more important than the outcome. E.Askue

Hey Den , I mean god of cornbread, good to hear from you its been a long time! I see that you are still completely insane

KTaylor: Hey man, great to hear from you! What's been going on Austin way?

Askue: Thanks for the crit. Very helpful. Definately agree.

Aminuts: Very cool, I'll check out that script. Today I'm going to practice using Zscripts. I've never used them before. I'm looking forward to using the one you referred.

Frenchy Pilou: Uhhhhhhhhh......I don't get it.

Baryonix: Thank you!

Ravenstar: Lynch! Wassup baby?! Yep, I wish I was back in Texas at times too. I miss all my good friends. Send me some email pics of what you've been creating lately. I've been meaning to get ahold of you. What's been going on? Thanks!

Krishki: Thanks so much!