Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Pssshaw! Jason secretly works for Pixologic. ;-) Awesome design, reminds me of the Ancient Japanese dragon prints. 5 stars. This is intense effort. Your humbling me, I haven't redone something twelve times yet!

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Hahaha, thanks womball. Well usually I limit it to 2-3, but this guy has been a challenge for what the script calls for. Besides it's nice to know that I can do it repetitively and improve as I go. This base structure won't change anymore I don't think as it seems pretty solid for the needs.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

OK almost done detailing Level 3, just the wings and facial area left. Then some poses that so many are bothering me about. Sheeesh, you'd think you never saw a dragon before! I mean really, we barbeque 'em every Saturday night where I come from!

Sorry for not posting the link to the 'Origins' blog, but Robert and I have been really busy and he's been babbling too much for coherent thought, much less words.

Picture 47.jpg
    Jason Belec

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Jumped to level 4 to do some poses, I'm happy with the overall look of motion that can be achieved very quickly.

Picture 53.jpg
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

From Studio City, Calif. Currently in sunny Prague!

Jason,

Apparently a true Zsphere master never rests eh?
    Good stuff amigo.

~Brian

Looking better and better J great work!

Those horns have certainly 'signed sealed and delivered' his character

Barbied fillet o' dragon - mmmm....

Chris

Thanks guys, getting close to going super detail on him....

Picture 6.jpg

Picture 4.jpg
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Wow! Missed this one. Refreshing to see something original with a dragon .

I've started looking through your thread on ZSpheres again now that I understand what you are talking about. It has helped me a lot
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

very cool style. I really like the surreal look and feel to it.
    And also the complex and fine structure of the sculpt looks very good.

Member Follow User Gallery

sweet dragon man, very sweet, Love the ram head....

Just a question ill like to ask for skin membrane between the wings how do u set it up so it works as a membrane. for example it stretching out or catching pockets of air as the wing flaps, and it squishing together when the wing closes. Modifiers?

Well hello...

Blaine91555, always appreciated. If you have any questions running through the zsphere thread post them there so we can grow the library. And as time permits I can collect it into a solid and useful tool for people.

jais, thank you, appears someone has been reading my notes.....

Soulstealer, everything here is zspheres, at the top, first few images for sure so the zsphere structure early on. The membranes are pulled from the zsphere chain using the zsphere magnets, this also means that as I bend the wing joints I can control the centre flow of each area that such a magnet exists in. Then Zbrush does it's thing by stretching the mesh within the guides of the morph pose stored. The magnets act like zspheres, but pull/push/scale mesh.

I think that's what your asking, if not just rephrase and I'll try to wake again after breakfast and a large pail of tea.

Just remember that this is all for look, motion/bending issues to the mesh and to nail key poses all before trying to rig in another app - in this case Maya for MotionBuilder use. It's really good to get alot of things worked out. If you were asking how it was going to be set up for animation, well this would not be the correct forum for that. Of course you could do pose to pose stop motion this way, hhhmmmmmmm.....
    Last edited by Jason Belec; 11-13-06 at 12:29 PM.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

OK I had some time while on the phone or listening to messages and watching farms and servers play merry heck with the little lights under the supervision of iTunes - REALLY LOUD!!!

Here are 2 head images level 3 for the first, and level 4 for the second which has the horns hidden to show as the structure builds on itself. It really is still at the spatchula full of putty stage, slap it around, until the shapes start appearing. I've hidden most of the tongue and body as well.

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

EDIT: added a nice bit as I start on the horns....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 5.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	44285  
    Last edited by Jason Belec; 11-16-06 at 04:25 PM.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

OK, more on level 4, and quick look at how it's going with level 5 just for render.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	44325  
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Default Wow

I like, he looks really awesome!

Looks great Jason. You must have a really sweet vid card to able to go to level 5 with that model.

/me is jealous.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast