Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default My first posts

Hi my name is Tolu Abisola, i live and work in London as a IT Manager. My first and only love however is 3D.

The main programs i use are Lightwave, ZBrush, Modo, MotionBuilder, Maya plus a little Combustion and Messiah

I would go on about how great ZBrush is, but better men than me have given it all the praise its fat little head can stand. One thing I will say though, no other program has changed the way i look at 3D like ZBrush has.

These are my first two posts. Both are still in the WIP stage (so please don't be too cruel)

Metahuman

Metahuman-front.jpg

This model began life inside Modo before being taken to ZBrush for sexing up. Kind of left this one on the back burner for a while as it started to get on my nerves while I was detailing (underlying muscle structure not smoothed and defined properly, hence the lumpyness) i do plan to revisit this soon.

metahuman-back.jpg

Perungar - Infant Dragon

Perungar-original.jpg

This mesh began inside Lightwave, it was then taken into Modo for further refineing.

Perungar-unfinished.jpg

Firstly I fleshed out the muscles groups and skin flow. The problem when modeling with ZBrush is fighting the temptation to jump ahead a few subdivision levels and add more detail before time ( a problem that afflicts me greatly)

Perungar-1.jpg

Oh dear!.... as you can see i've jumped ahead and started adding too much detail without finalising the final form (naughty). the feet are in need of particular attention
    (Might add some detail to the wings too ).

Perungar-2.jpg

Reduced the amount of texture around the face and front arm area. Modified the feet a little but this is proveing problematic due to a few design faults in the original mesh (deformations hard to sculpt and smooth) added some detail to the wings and some detail to the stomach with the deco brush.

Gonna keep working on this one look out for more updates.

Peace, Tolu

Ooo .. very nice! Welcome. Wet and raining in London today, I think. Do you like Messiah? I've been looking at the new workstation version .. seems excellent value. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Hi Moochie and thanks for the kind words. Thankfully its not raining too badly today (saving it for tomorrow no doubt)
    Messiah really excites me, its potential and the things its capable of currently are quite amazing (and i thought that even before i saw Taron's work utilising ZBush and messiah) the one thing i really like is its emphasis on animating using vertex deformation and mucsle bones. Character animations made in messiah just have this lifelike quality to them due to the way the program simulates skin slideing over bone....NICE

Cheers Tolu

Default Update to infant Dragon

Began updating the textures on the dragon. Roughed up the skin textures around the breast area and added more rippled detail to the wings.

dragon1.jpg

dragon2.jpg

dragon3.jpg

dragon4.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions about patterns i can use to decorate the wings or adjustments i should make please let me know (not too cuel though)

Wow,

Beautifully detailed

Tartan

Default Provisional wing detail

Hi all,

trying to finialse the detail on the wings. Detail added using stencils and the deco brush.

wing-detail.jpg

wing-detail-2.jpg

wing-detail-3.jpg

Gonna leave this for the time being as i want to work on this fabulous head model that Bas Mazur posted (can't wait to mess with it) and im entering the BBC3 Animation competition and have to finalise the script and all that other pre-production crap.

Going back to the model, im not 100% happy with the design on the wings so if anybody has any suggestions............

nice model, I can't wait to see it with a shader.

In a way, I understand the feet, it be a little dumpy dragon, but that could set it apart. How about giving it a buncha fat underneith the chin? like a double chin? like a fat dude?

I think that would accent the body type he already has. now hes like fat body and skinny head

Hey Polyguns!! thanks for the reply.

You are right about the model needing more fat under the chin Im keeping a list of alterations im gonna make to my various WIPS so the can be completed to a standard that makes me happy. Same thing with the Harpie pic you replied to as well Im gonna note your recommendations down.
    Cardassian Woman
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...rdassian+woman
    Harpie
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=28783
    Barbarian & Commando
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=30272
    Third dimension 3D course
    http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/com.../abisola/1.html